The Dispatch Clerk must have relevant experience working in a B2B manufacturing environment.
- Ensure daily delivery targets are met.
- Ensure the correct procedure for deliveries/dispatches is adhered to.
- Ensure the necessary quality checks have been done on all consignments.
- Issuing the correct documentation on dispatch.
- Sufficiently interacting with the other functional departments as required.
- Conducting loading/offloading inspections on delivery vehicles daily – any deviations on condition of equipment to be reported.
- Ensure a hands-on approach during dispatch and assist with the forklift whenever needed.
- Handle other duties such as invoicing, receiving if/when/as required.
- Ensure all dispatched products are of the correct quantity, type and quality (pick from stock if needed).
- Lead investigations in case of customer complaints and co-ordinate with other departments if needed.
- Ensure product is safely loaded.
- Ensure all finished pallets are sufficiently and correctly wrapped if required.
- Continuously search for opportunities to improve the dispatch process, dispatch times and lead times to customers.
- Continuously improve the warehouse while ensuring the inventory is accurate through monthly cycle counts.
- A diploma in a relevant field.
- Must have at least 3 years dispatch/warehouse experience in the Manufacturing or Logistics environment.
- Knowledge & experience working with an ERP system will be a distinct advantage.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of operations procedures and processes.
- Good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy- Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Flexibility in relation to working hours.
Monthly Gross Salary: Kshs. 40,000 – 45,000 (Approx. 400 - 450 USD) depending on skills and experience.
Career Level: Junior Level.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 9th October 2021.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***