The successful candidates will primarily be responsible for the overall management of the office facilities. He/she will ensure proper management, planning and availability of all office facilities’ resources and provision of a safe, healthy and professional working environment for staff. Experience working for an NGO is preferred.
• Oversee Property functions and ensures compliance with US Government requirements.
• Ensure that adequate inventory levels are maintained for all supplies needed by the Janitors for office cleanliness.
• In conjunction with the Facility Supervisor, work regularly with the property management company to ensure services are delivered and accounted for properly.
• Ensure that the mailbox is being archived correctly.
• Assist monthly projections and annual budget preparation and revisions, and monitor expenses in accordance with authorized budgets.
• Act as a back-up for the Property Supervisor in the department when the staff is away.
• Determine the reorder level of all stores supplies and ensure there are no stock outs.
• Conduct regular market surveys to determine the best price for quality goods and services.
• Maintaining and updating the General Services SOP regularly.
• Coordinate and liaise with other Africa offices offering support.
• Supervise, manage and evaluate staff performance.
• Participate in hiring of necessary staff and developing job descriptions.
• In Conjunction with the Property Supervisor conduct research on additional office spaces, transport options available and the current market rates.
• Coordinate and assist in meeting and conference preparation and organization, making sure the meeting rooms are clean and well-arranged and all supplies are available.
• Supervision of construction works in the office, making sure the contractor meets the timelines and the output is as per the requirements.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
• Minimum 8 years of experience in a similar role.
• Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience is required.
• Experience working with NGO procurement is preferred.
• Demonstrated computer skills, especially Microsoft Products.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Strong verbal and written English language skills.
• Knowledge of US Government procurement standards is preferred.
• Excellent Leadership and Interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently and contribute to overall operations at management level.
• Ability to analyze and solve complex problem as well as take initiatives.
• Ability to work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment.
Monthly gross salary: Negotiable depending on skills and experience.
Position Level: Upper Mid-Level.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 4th July 2021.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two
weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment