Factory Manager - Kericho
Sotik Tea Companies
Engineering & Technology
Degree in either Chemical Engineering, Food Science & Technology, or Production Engineering. At least 8 years experience in tea factory and field operations.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:8 years
We are an organization located in a rural environment 60 km from Kericho town consisting of tea estates and two highly automated tea factories. We have an innovative approach to the growing and manufacturing of black tea and pride ourselves in the quality of our personnel and our productivity.
We are seeking a suitable applicant for the position of Factory Manager.
- Lead and direct the production team to achieve operational goals in quality, yield, cost, delivery, and output.
- Ensure that the best quality tea is produced.
- Plan daily, weekly, and monthly production schedules and oversee the execution by factory staff
- Oversee all materials movement; from raw material through the operation processes and up to finished goods storage and shipment
- Coordinate, set up, and implement standard operating procedures for all production operations.
- Develop and implement budgets and timescales with the Factories Executive.
- Train staff and develop their skills to build a strong effective team.
- Manage labor costs.
- Monitor high standards of tea produced and implement quality control programs.
- Implement and drive continuous improvement activities through the implementation of the change management processes and best practices.
- Maintain records and compliance with local government bodies and other regulatory bodies (NEMA, KEBS, Kephis, and Tea Board) to ensure the company is always compliant with government regulations.
- Maintain high safety standards, and statutory and certification requirements. (OSHA, ISO 22000:2018, RA)
Skills & Qualifications
- Degree in either Chemical Engineering, Food Science & Technology, or Production Engineering.
- At least 8 years experience in tea factory and field operations.
- Proven experience in monitoring and supervising tea production.
- Knowledge and experience in Food safety management systems, Rainforest Alliance Certification, and other certification standards in the tea sector.
- Experience in people management and tea production supervision.
- Training and experience in tea manufacturing will be an added advantage.
- Strong with numbers and comfortable with technology
- Excellent Communication skills.
How to apply
Interested candidates must state candidates MUST state their current and expected salary.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured