The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, directing, managing, coordinating, and supervising the programs for acquisition, assignment, utilization, maintenance, repair, replacement, and disposal of fleet vehicles. You will serve as the primary contact concerning the vehicle fleet and operations. The ideal candidate must have experience working in a similar role.
• Ensure the effective day-to-day running of the transport department with the key focus on route planning Repair vehicles based on the diagnosed issues and repair estimate, deployment, and debriefing
• Route and vehicle scheduling to meet both customer and business requirements.
• Maintaining accurate records for both driver and vehicle deployment and debrief transport compliance, delivering agreed service levels, etc. whilst ensuring the best financial returns for the business.
• Daily deployment, daily debrief and any scheduling changes of vehicles and drivers; as well as taking full responsibility for the Deployment Plan using the organizations resources and those of third parties [website] agency and courier where necessary.
• Advise management on key areas of maintenance.
• Ensure machinery and motor vehicles are all in sound mechanical condition.
• Ensure asset management.
• Monitor vehicle movements and fuel control.
• Handling workshop staff.
• Maintain staff discipline and welfare in accordance with the company policy.
• Accurate record keeping.
• Maintain stock sheets for all workshop consumables.
• Maintain standard measures of health and safety among the staff.
• Must have 6 years plus work experience in transport.
• A relevant degree from a recognized institution.
• A clean and valid driving license.
• Must have solid and proven transport background.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Computer literate.
• Good written and spoken English.
• Versed with reducing environmental impact.
• versed with accurate data management and effective supervision of drivers.
Monthly Gross Salary: Ksh. 40,000 (Approx. 400 USD).
Position Level: Lower Mid-Level.
Location: Isinya Kajiado, Kenya.
Deadline: 10th October 2021.
We endeavour to contact all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.