Job Title Fleet Supervisor
Name Open position
Reporting to Fleet Manager
Actively track and report on delivery vehicles and the working of the tracking system
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Update on transport orders despatched within the week, indicating order details, truck registration numbers, despatch and delivery times as per the GPRS tracking data
• Additionally, follow up on other jobs undertaken by the fleet department by indicating the collection/delivery location, type of goods collected/delivered and the department assigned vehicles.
• Actively track all despatches from their loading sites and provide daily tracking reports on the same.
• Ensure the fleet tracking software is updated and reflects current base information
• Alert the service provider of anomalies noted on the fleet tracking system for system changes and keep a log of issues raised with the service provider.
• Book and schedule vehicles with defective tracking units to be checked and repaired by the service provider
• Provide alerts on various anomalies noted during the delivery process to the relevant managers
• Provide weekly KPI reports on distribution activities undertaken by the fleet department
• Follow up and ensure proof of delivery documents received are complete, in good order and properly archived.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
• Timely provision of daily and weekly reports
• Vehicle tracking effectiveness
• Faster turnaround times at customer delivery sites
Knowledge, Skills, Training and Experience
• Certificate in logistics management
• 2 years’ work experience in a busy transport and distribution environment
• Familiar with any fleet management and vehicle tracking software
• Communication skills
• Computer Skills