LOCATION: PARKLANDS HOSPITAL - NAIROBI
DEPARTMENT: MEDICAL QUALITY
REPORTS TO: CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER
Main Purpose of the Job
To lead the planning, management, and performance of the laboratory business operations while upholding the required quality management system (QMS) for all aspects of laboratory practice in compliance with the legal requirements of the Ministry of Health and the standards of accreditation bodies.
• To recruit and orient appropriately skilled human resources for all laboratory locations.
• To train, supervise, and manage the performance of laboratory in-charges for the different hospital and clinic locations.
• To deliver the laboratory quality and growth objectives as per the budget
• Develops, improve and evaluate laboratory processes and methods and recommend changes as required.
• To ensure that there is sufficient and optimal staffing in all clinic and hospital locations.
• To plan and support the supply chain management of laboratory reagents and consumables to ensure that all laboratory locations are optimally stocked with reagents and consumables.
• To maintain good contractor and supplier relations for laboratory equipment and consumables.
• To oversee stock management for laboratory supplies and minimize wastage.
• To manage efficiency within the laboratory operations to maximize profitability
• To drive growth and sustainability in the laboratory department by growing the number of test offerings and reducing external referrals
• Advising management regarding laboratory prices to maintain a competitive market offering.
• To continuously improve laboratory operational processes to achieve acceptable turnaround times within the organizational targets.
• Develop and produce regular laboratory operational and business reports for management in a frequency meeting the organizational requirements.
• Provide leadership to achieve high performance by ensuring employee development, employee engagement and performance management to deliver organization objectives and goals.
• Establishing mutual partnerships with other hospitals, laboratory providers, suppliers to enhance service delivery.
• Be a holder of a Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Science & Technology from a Recognized University/College.
• Proper understanding of accrediting body requirements such as SANAS or CAP or ISO and Laboratory Quality Management Systems
• Experience of working with an accredited chain of laboratories/hospitals/clinics as a head of Laboratory Services/Operations.
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience.
• Excellent interpersonal and Decision-making skills.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role above, please email, or deliver your application, detailed CV with copies of relevant certificates to reach us by 30th November 2021. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Avenue Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity and gender equality.