REPORTING To: Medical Director
LOCATION: Garden Specialist Hospital
JOB TYPE: Full time
JOB CATEGORY: Contract No of Positions: 1
Roles & Responsibilities
• Provide routine laboratory services at the health facility
• Prepare work plans and budgets to guide implementation of activities to ensure that all the targets are met within specified time periods
• Provide mentorship and on job training both to new laboratory employees and to those with identified capacity gap.
• Coordinate laboratory commodity management within the hospital; accountability, distribution/redistribution, timely consumption reporting and ordering.
• Perform effective laboratory networking of samples within the Health facility to ensure quality and timely delivery.
• Perform a monthly laboratory quality indicators analysis for the Health facility
• Reviews Quality Control, Maintenance, and Equipment records for the Health facility
• Participate in continuous quality improvement activities at the facility
• Compile and submit laboratory monthly reports as required.
• Participate in education and training of staff through Continuous Medical Education programs.
• Diploma in Medical Laboratory Science .
• Must be registered with Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologist Board (KMLTTB) and have a valid practicing license
• Minimum 2 years of progressive work experience
• Training/certification in ISO 15189 or Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) will be an added advantage.
• Self-motivated and able to work under minimum supervision.
• Able to work under pressure and in a diverse laboratory environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate.
• Demonstrated leadership and a history of excellent problem-solving skill.
• Excellent organizational, computer and record-keeping skills.
How to apply:-
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications, detailed CV, three  referees and include their TELEPHONE CONTACTS and EMAIL ADDRESSES along with a cover letter expressing interest and indicating Current Pay and expectations to email@example.com . The position applied for and reference number should be clearly indicated on the subject line and cover letter. The closing date is January 18th 2021. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
GSH DOES NOT CHARGE any fee whatsoever in any part of the recruitment process