• Ensuring that foremen execute tasks within reasonable time to ensure effective operations
• Carrying out staff training for capacity building
• Developing periodic reports to inform on projects progress
• Ensuring that approved budget is properly for projects allocated
• Working with other departments in drawing technical specifications for machinery purchase
• Ensuring effective energy management programmes to minimize on utility bill costs
• Involves checking, repairing and servicing machinery, equipment, systems and infrastructures
• Ensuring that industrial machinery and equipment runs smoothly and reliably
• Carrying out installation of new and modern equipment and facilities in the institution to enhance efficient energy use and provision of optimum services
• Fault diagnosis of equipment to determine the remedy
• Carrying out periodic and preventive maintenance to ensure these facilities and utilities provide optimum service
Requirements for appointment:
1. Higher National Diploma in Water Engineering with 3 years working experience as Sewerage Maintenance Officer Scale 8 or its equivalent in busy Maintenance or Engineering environment OR Diploma in Water Engineering with 6 years working experience, 3 of which as Sewerage Maintenance Officer Scale 8 or its equivalent in busy Maintenance or Engineering environment.
2. ICT competence.
3. Membership to a professional body.