• Review and approve or make recommendations of all submitted materials.
• Ensure compliance of used materials with the projects specifications
• Participate in construction quality control
• Oversee the mixing of various construction materials to ensure quality is maintained
• Supervise, participate and direct sampling and testing of all materials according to the contract and the specifications
• Analyze the test results in a timely manner and recommend action to the Senior Resident Engineer
• Maintain records of test results and all taken corrective actions.
• Track and review the site testing and certificates of compliance.
• Ensure very close and clear coordination of your team activities with the other construction supervision staff.
• Follow up and verify implementation of corrective actions.
• Coordinate the review and approval of specialty and other high profile materials with the relevant stakeholders
• Ensure inspection and checking of all delivered materials to site for conformance to the project requirements and approval, as directed by the Senior Resident Engineer.
Skills & Qualifications
• BSc Degree in Geo-Technical Engineering or Civil Engineering
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in a similar environment, working on large infrastructure projects.
• Experience working on infrastructure projects in the region required
• Experience in design mixes for concrete and asphalt (Marshall and Super pave) required
• Qualified professional who can manage and coordinate specialized activity, discipline or team of moderate size and complexity.
• Understanding of technical concepts of implementation of infrastructure products
• Excellent communication skills