Trades & Services
Diploma in Plumbing/Mechanical engineering (water option) or related field from a recognized institution.
- Minimum Qualification:Diploma
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:2 years
Main Purpose of the Job: This position is responsible for installing and repairing pipes and fixtures that carry water, gas or other fluids. It also involves maintenance of plumbing fixtures like bathtubs and toilets and appliances in the facilities.
Field of duties and responsibilities
- Fill pipes or plumbing fixtures with water or air to observe pressure gauges to detect and locate leaks.
- Review blue prints and building codes and specifications to determine work details and procedures
- Prepare written work cost estimates and negotiate the same
- Study building plans and inspect structures to assess material and equipment needs to establish the sequence of pipe installations and to plan installation around obstructions such as electrical wiring.
- Keep records of assignments and produce detailed work reports
- Locate and mark the position of pipe installations, connections, passage holes and fixtures in structures using measuring instruments such as rulers and levers
- Measure, cut , thread and bend pipe to required angle using hand and power tools
- Repair and maintain plumbing, replacing defective washers, replacing or mending broken pipes and opening clogged drains.
- Manage all drainage in the facility
- Troubleshoot and fix issues relating to water supply lines
- Maintain knowledge of state regulations affecting plumbing work
- Perform other maintenance jobs
- Establish cost cutting measures to reduce high cost of water bills and related expenditures.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the management from time to time.
Job Specification and Other Information Related to the Job
Level of Education/Academic qualification
- Diploma in Plumbing/Mechanical engineering (water option) or related field from a recognized institution.
- Advanced certificate in plumbing will be an added advantage
Other Competencies / abilities / skills required
- Report writing skills
- Time Management
- Basic computer skills
- Painting and other artisan skills
Relevant Job experience
- At least Two (2) years’ of hands on experience in plumbing work.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured