- Approval of chemical and microbiological tests on all the raw materials and finished products to ensure that they meet the company and other relevant statutory standards.
- Inspecting and approving all the incoming materials according to company specifications.
- Inspecting and approving all the finished products according to specifications.
- Developing company standards on the raw materials and end products in consultation with the Research and Development Manager.
- Supervision of on line quality tests and taking or advising the relevant personnel on corrections or corrective actions where the products or processes are found to be non -conforming.
- Developing Standard Operating Procedures for production processes and hygiene requirements in consultation with the relevant departments, and ensuring that the developed operating procedures are adhered to at all times to consistently achieve the set quality standards.
- Development of ISO standards as a Management Representative and Food Safety Team Leader.
- Evaluating warehousing and distribution conditions on shelf life of the company products.
- Waste management and control / NEMA / Energy Audits management.
- To inform, update and train the production personnel in the operation of a clean plant for the manufacture of safe and acceptable quality products.
- Customer complaints: Working closely with both the Marketing and Research and Development to ensure that all the customer complaints regarding quality of products are resolved satisfactorily.
- Recording and reporting quality control evaluation results to the top management.
- Ensuring that the government regulations on Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental issues, KEBS, US FDA, UKAS are met.
- Training in Food safety, and conducting internal as well as external audits.
- Managing hygiene standards including Covi-19 Awareness and Control within the company.
- Development of SOP for QA and external contractors, Security issues.
- Reporting and analyzing the Quality parameters in the ERP.
- Ensure that all machines comply with all statutory issues/calibration.
- Managing hygiene standards including Covid-19 Awareness and Control within the company.
- Help in Kaizen, energy management implementation and other change programs.
- 10% of his working time may be taken on visits to other departments to oversee Quality Assurance and Health & Safety programs.
- May be require from time to time to work beyond standard office hours.
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science.
- Master’s Degree an added Advantage.
- In depth knowledge of modern Quality Management Systems and Process.
- Working Knowledge of regulatory legislations on Safety, Health and Environment management.
- 8 years’ experience 4 of which should have been spent in as similar position.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Very strong personality and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team Development Track Record.
- High level of commitment to duty, and discipline.
- Demonstrable ability to put customer interests first.
- Strong focus on impact.
- Unquestionable level of integrity.
Department/Function: Quality Assurance
Reports to: Managing Director
Location: Limuru, Kenya