Requirements for Appointment
11. Registrar (Planning, Research and Innovation)-Grade XV
Requirements for Appointment
Applicant shall be required to be a holder of a Doctorate degree from an accredited and recognized University with over fifteen (15) years’ work experience six (6) of which as a Deputy Registrar or its equivalent in a related field, preferably in a University setting OR should have earned a Ph.D. degree in Public Administration, or its equivalent, CPS (K) or relevant professional qualification of five (5) years and must have served at the level of Senior Lecturer or above if from an academic background.
Reporting to the Deputy Vice Chancellor in charge of Planning, Research and Innovation, the successful applicant will be responsible for
● Participating in the development of the University’s master plan so as to offer guidance towards achievement of the University’s Strategic Plan.
● Participating in the development of long term and short-term policies to govern the operations of the various sections under the Division to guide in achieving the set objectives.
● Participating in the periodic review of divisional policies so as to enforce them.
● Continuous improvement in service delivery within the Division.
● Coordinating the development of annual budgets for the various divisional departments for use in managing funds allocated to each of the departments.
● Coordinating the functions of the various departments under the Division
● Ensuring compliance to the set policies and alignment of departmental activities towards achievement of targets.
● Coordinating the promotion and facilitation of leading-edge research including collaborative and interdisciplinary research in line with the University and national research agenda;
● Building and providing sufficient support for a community of innovative researchers to enhance research capacity at the University and to increase internal and external research opportunities for faculty, post-doctoral fellows, and graduate students;
● Developing, activating and managing research networks between MMUST staff and researchers and other research centres / institutes / partners, in public and private sectors, locally, nationally and internationally;
● Acting as the link between the University and the community with respect to research initiatives of mutual benefit;
● Developing and coordinating mutually beneficial linkages with industry in order to forge robust partnerships and collaborative research and innovations;
● Coordinating the transfer of knowledge to society through research and outreach activities, (collaborative research; seminars; workshops; lectures; websites;
publications) and through technology transfer (collaborative research; contract work; and commercialization of intellectual property);
● Coordinating the development of strong linkages with appropriate academic departments and units and adding value to line departments by enriching the research environment and incubation centres, mounting workshops and seminars, providing interdisciplinary research training and mentoring for undergraduate and graduate students; and having regular communication of research activities and opportunities for faculty and students involvement;
● Designing, preparing, documenting, coordinating and implementing a fund generation and resource mobilization work plan;
● Leading and guiding in the identification of funding opportunities and engaging the funding agencies such as the private sectors entities, individuals and corporate agencies, through proposal wring and other statutory means;
● Coordinating the approval of agreements in connection with funding opportunities and ensuring effective and timely follow-up in terms of submission of reports to the donors and grant renewal proposals;
● Gathering information on donor policies and priorities, and subsequently, update donor profiles;
● Providing secretariat services to the Division’s main committees on a regular basis and ensuring proper documentation of all deliberations.
i) Each application shall be accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, national identity card or passport, testimonials and any other relevant supporting documents. Applicants should also provide names, telephone numbers and contact addresses of three (3) referees.
ii) Applicants must also submit, on application, CURRENT AND VALID CLEARANCE from the following:
a) Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax compliance certificate).
b) Higher Education Loans Board (HELB loan clearance certificate).
c) Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
d) Directorate of Criminal Investigation (Certificate of Good Conduct).
e) Clearance certificates from registered and recognized Credit Reference Bureau.
iii) All applications shall clearly specify the position applied for by indicating the advert Reference Number on the envelope and submit in ten (10) hard copies to the address below. A soft copy of the cover letter and Curriculum Vitae should be emailed to email@example.com.
Applications should be received on or before Thursday, 13th May 2021
The Vice Chancellor
Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology
P.O. Box 190-50100
MMUST IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
MMUST does not levy any fee in the processing, recruitment & selection of applicants.
The University reserves the right not to make any appointments at any stage of the recruitment exercise.