The School Librarian will be expected to take a highly creative and active role in the management, development and promotion of the wide range of services provided by the school library resource centre in addition to the day-to-day administration.
- Minimum Qualification:Diploma
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
1.To have overall responsibility for the management of the School Library.
2. To select, acquire, purchase, organise, advise on and promote learning resources in all formats which support the curriculum and learning and teaching in consultation with school management and other teaching staff.
3. To index, catalogue and classify learning resources in the library resource center and develop and maintain accurate and reliable catalogue and lending systems.
4. To collaborate with teaching staff in the planning, development, delivery and evaluation of relevant learning and study skills programmes in the library resource center
5. To open the library before school, break-time, lunch-time and after school.
6. To promote the use of the library resource center to the school community and foster an atmosphere which is conductive to positive learning experiences for users of the service. This will include ensuring a high standard of display and promotional material is available.
7. To supervise and train staff on duty in the library
8. To assist in developing, implementing and maintaining a policy for the management and use of the library resource center as a resource which supports learning and teaching in the school.
9. To manage and organise resources, facilities and services provided by the library resource center to allow flexible access and support for curricular activities, study support, independent and recreational use.
10. To provide guidance, where appropriate in the use of ICT applications and other library resource center facilities
- A Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Library or Information studies or its equivalent or any other related field from a recognized institution
- At least 3 years’ experience performing library services preferably in a school setup
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Record Management skills will be an added advantage
- Ability to manage a library and its collection
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured