Bomet University College (BUC) is a Constituent College of Moi University, established through the Legal Notice No. 145 of 27th July 2017. BUC is located in Bomet County.
EXTERNAL ACADEMIC STAFF
BUC seeks to recruit Adjunct and Visiting Academic Staff in all its Schools. The said staff should be at the levels of Professor, Associate Professor, Senior Lecturer or Lecturer.
For Adjunct and Visiting Staff, BUC targets people in academic, research, employment or professional practice outside the university, who would add value to departments in which they seek engagement with respect to their commercial, industrial or professional experience. They must also demonstrate extraordinary skills as a result of their experience and professional standing. Engagement of Adjunct and Visiting staff will therefore, be undertaken at an individual basis depending on the niche area.
Interested applicants are requested to visit the Commission for University Education (CUE) for details on such positions.
Senior Lecturer BUC Scale 13
1. Must have a Doctorate degree or its academic equivalent from a recognized accredited institution.
2. Must have cumulative or evidence of 3 years of teaching/training and research experience at the University Level since becoming Lecturer.
3. Must have a minimum of thirty two (32) publication points as lecturer or equivalent of which at least twenty four (24) should be from refereed scholarly journals.
4. Must have supervised three (3) post- graduate degree students to completion as a lecturer or equivalent.
5. Must have attended and contributed at learned conferences, seminars or workshops.
6. Must show evidence of continued research and evaluated effective teaching and success in student supervision.
7. Must show evidence of contribution to University life through active participation in departmental matters, students’ academic advising school and University meetings committee membership and others.
8. a) Must be recognized and registered by relevant regulatory bodies where applicable.
b) Must show evidence of membership affiliation of a relevant professional body where applicable.
9. Must show evidence of having developed proposals that have attracted funding.
1. Teach and assess courses in one’s discipline at both undergraduate and graduate-level.
2. Supervise undergraduate projects and other experimental learning programme.
3. Supervise dissertations/theses at the graduate level
4. Develop undergraduate and graduate courses.
5. Initiate, promote and participate in research projects.
6. Participate in academic leadership programme.
7. Provide professional and community services and initiate linkages and fundraising.
8. Carry out administrative and other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITIONS
All applicants must satisfy the Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya by getting clearances from the following bodies: Higher Education Loans Board (HELB); Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC); Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA); Credit Reference Bureau (CRB); Commission for University Education (CUE); and Current Certificate of Good Conduct from the National Police Service (NPS).
The deadline for receiving applications for all the positions advertised is 30th November, 2020. The reference number of the position applied for should be clearly indicated and three (3) copies of the Application addressed and sent to:
The Principal, Bomet University College, P.O Box 701-20400, BOMET.
Bomet University College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons having difficulties in performing activities of daily life and marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.