Meru University of Science and Technology (MUST) is a state owned University established by the Government of Kenya under the Universities Act 2012. The University is located in Meru County, along the Meru-Maua road.
MUST aspires to be a World Class University of Excellence in Science and Technology. The mission of the University is to provide Quality University Education, Training and Research in Science, Technology and Innovation.
MUST is a center of excellence in Innovation, Technology, Engineering, Food Science and Agriculture that are some of the key enablers of Kenya’s National agenda including Vision 2030 and the Big Four agenda.
SENIOR LECTURER – GRADE 13 – MUST/ACA/01/3/21 – 1 POST EACH
Applicants are invited for the post of a Senior Lecturer in the following areas:
- Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering
Applicants must have:
- An earned PhD or equivalent degree qualification (or a Master’s degree qualification in special cases) in the relevant field from an accredited and recognized university;
- At least three (3) years of teaching experience at the University level as a Lecturer or six (6) years research/industry experience.
- A minimum of thirty two (32) publication points as a Lecturer or equivalent, of which at least twenty four (24) should be from refereed scholarly journals;
- Supervised at least three (3) post graduate students to completion as a Lecturer or equivalent;
- Be registered with the relevant professional body (where applicable)
A competitive remuneration will be paid in accordance with the Meru University of Science and Technology Terms and Conditions of service.
How to apply
- Please use the link https://recruitment.must.ac.ke/ and follow the instructions carefully to submit your application.
- Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://recruitment.must.ac.ke/ and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- Fill in your details on the form provided. After successful registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration. (Be sure to check your spam folder if no confirmation email is received in your inbox)
- In subsequent applications, you will not be required to register again
- Log on:
- After registration go to https://recruitment.must.ac.ke/
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- Available Vacancies
- On the Menu/Navigation bar (On the Left Hand side), Click on Vacancies to view available/open vacancies
- A list of all open vacancies should populate on the page. Click on the View position button to view more details of the vacancy.
- Applicant Profile
- On the Menu/Navigation bar (On the Left Hand side), Click on Applicant Profile to edit and update your details. (Personal Details, Education Background, Employment/ Employment history among others).
- Be sure to provide accurate information and follow through the prompts to complete editing your profile.
- After successful updating of the applicant profile, the system will provide you with a Summarized PDF version of Summary of the “Applicant Profile”
- After submission of the updated profile, the system will redirect you to the vacancies page.
- Application process:
- Go to the vacancies page as outlined in Section (c) Above.
- Click on view position for the Job you are interested in.
- Click on Apply job button (At the top right) to apply for the job.
- You have successfully applied for the position.
- Job Applications
- All successful applications will be maintained under “Job Applications” tab.
- To Access the “Job Applications” Page click on “Job Applications” link the Menu/Navigation bar (On the Left Hand side)
- In case of any challenges, please send your email query to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All applications will be submitted and received via the above application portal ONLY. Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
- Applications should be received on or before close of business on Tuesday, 13th April, 2021 by 5:00 p.m.
- Shortlisted candidates MUST present and satisfy the requirements of
Chapter six (6) of the constitution of Kenya 2010 during interviews by
providing original copies of the following documents;
- A tax compliance certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority
- A clearance certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board
- Clearance certificate from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- A clearance certificate from a Registered Credit Reference Bureau in Kenya
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Meru University of Science & Technology (MUST) does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)
Meru University of Science and Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Marginalized and Persons living with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Vice Chancellor
Meru University of Science and Technology
P.O. Box 972-60200