Senior Open Source Developer & DevOps (Python, Django, React, AWS/OpenStack)
Software & Data
Senior developer with 3+ years working with Python Experience with Python web frameworks, specifically Django
- Minimum Qualification:Unspecified
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
About Protocol Labs
Protocol Labs drives breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward. Protocol Labs is a product-development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and implementations, are passionate people, teammates, and community members. Most teams in the Protocol Labs Network are fully distributed and work remotely around the world. Engineers, researchers, and operators work in the open to improve the internet — humanity's most important technology — as we explore new advances at the intersection of many exciting fields (web3, cryptography, networks, distributed systems) and cultures (startups, research, open-source, distributed work).
Outercore is the division of Protocol Labs that leads technical, business, and community programs to build the future of p2p distributed networks and empower our many communities – from decentralized web developers, to browsers, to blockchain projects, to data storage hosts. Everything Outercore does is open source. We’re comfortable sharing unfinished work and trying out new things. The goal is to come up with solutions the entire ecosystem can benefit from.
About this Position
With more than 4000 storage provider systems distributed across 44 countries and more than 16EiB of raw capacity, Filecoin is the largest decentralized storage network that exists today. The storage providers are the key infrastructure providers running the Filecoin software stack serving storage capacity to the network and hosting the client datasets.
We are looking for a senior leader to grow the Filecoin Storage provider ecosystem that forms the foundation of this network. This position reports into the executive staff of Outercore with P&L responsibilities. In this role you will own the end-to-end responsibility of setting the strategy and execution on expanding an already thriving ecosystem and help productize our software stack to build the next-gen infrastructure layer for Web3.
As Head of Storage Provider Product & Solutions on Outercore, you will…
- Own the global GTM strategy to grow the storage provider ecosystem
- Drive and own the SP product & solutions strategy for tooling and integration with third-party software vendors (e.g. external key managers)
- Manage and grow an existing team of technical product managers, GTM leads, solutions architects and forward deployed engineers
- Manage and create new programs driving increased growth of providers to the network
- Manage and drive collaboration with third-party hardware vendors (e.g. AMD, Seagate)
- Drive and coordinate analysis & assessment of business requirements and translate into service capability and feature requirements.
- Steward solutions engineering teams that support large petabyte-scale deployments
- Build out new teams as needed to achieve adoption objectives
- Steward and leverage network-native development principles and mechanisms to achieve flywheel objectives, such as leaning into ecosystem bounties/grants, outsourced work, public roadmaps, open-source development principles, and more
- Ensure that every user of the PL stack – developers, storage clients, storage providers, retrieval providers, notaries, community governance members, etc. – has an exceptional experience with the stack of storage solutions
- Mentor and grow product and technical leaders within the Outercore organization
- Define and track metrics that demonstrate continuous operational effectiveness and improvement opportunities within your product areas
You may be a fit for this role if you…
- Have led product and GTM teams to build complex technical systems at scale
- Have deep understanding of hardware and software instructure (storage, compute, networking) at scale
- Proven track record in managing, developing, deploying, and/or maintaining complex enterprise services, scalable distributed systems, cloud services, business reporting tools, and technologies.
- Have led large product and engineering teams (20+ teammates) in the past, and have had multiple direct reports
- Have worked on or led open-source projects or engineering organizations in the past
- Have experience working with cross-functional stakeholders to align multi-year roadmaps for product/engineering organizations – e.g. company leadership, technical leads, product leads
- Hands-on experience in big data, data management, and business outcomes analysis – interest and ability to roll up sleeves and work along with key architects and engineers in building market-leading decentralized storage services
- Are hyper detail-oriented, extremely organized, and pride yourself on your ability to structure large, ambiguous systems into sensible, tractable ones
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
- Enjoy working closely with engineering teams, and are able to earn the respect of technical leaders and product leaders alike
- Will do whatever it takes to make your team successful, and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- Have a computer science, math, or science degree, or software engineering experience
- Product management with crypto projects or networks
- Experience working with and/or contributions to open-source software projects
- Are self-taught in some field, and consider yourself a voracious learner
- 15+ years professional experience
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured