Our client, a worldwide market leader in Floriculture Chemical Supplies, is looking for an independent and hands-on Technical Consultant dedicated to the pre-harvest field, to support its products. This new position will be part of the technical team and report directly to the Commercial Manager within the management team. The successful candidate will need to have extensive knowledge of farming as well as experience in pest control, including the use of chemicals and IPM. He/she needs to be innovative with an extensive network with cut flower growers around East-Africa and should have the ability to make independent strategic plans on how to reach and bind growers of these products. A multinational experience is an added advantage.
• Carry out trials with its products.
• Report writing.
• Train farm workers on the use of its products.
• Discuss business cases with farm management, in cooperation with its Distributor partner.
• Together with Commercial Manager create a pricing structure.
• Customer relationship with current customers.
• Business development – getting new customers.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
• More than 5 years of proven hands on experience.
• Extensive knowledge about pre-harvest products and spray regimes.
• Preferably experience in dealing with PCPB and other bodies in cut flower industry.
• Preferably commercial experience in the grower industry.
• Ability to operate independently, accurately and experience in writing reports.
• Team player and ability to manage others when the team grows.
• Willing to travel.
Monthly gross salary: Negotiable – depending on experience and skills.
Position Level: Upper Mid-Level.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 6th December 2020.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***