The Group currently operates on Microsoft NAV-based workflow and accounting systems. In order to deliver its strategy of regional expansion, that aims to benefit from advances in Fintech – including customer on-boarding, credit assessment and management and agile banking technology – to revolutionize its customer experience and operational efficiency to deliver its products.
Duty Station: Nairobi, with minimal travel to Tanzania.
Duration: The expected for a 3-month period, with possible extension to 6 Months.
The Group is a purpose-driven business which aims to become the leading equipment leasing provider for SMEs in Africa, driving job creation and poverty alleviation.
The Group has two subsidiaries: a substantial business with 8 branches and 70 staff in Tanzania and a most recent one in Kenya.
The Group intends to expand into further countries in East and Southern Africa, it currently operates on Microsoft NAV based workflow and accounting systems. In order to deliver its strategy of regional expansion, the group is aiming to benefit from advances in Fintech – including customer on boarding, credit assessment and management and agile banking technology – to revolutionize its customer experience and operational efficiency to deliver its products.
- Uncover and understand product and client needs, translate and document them into product requirements, taking into account local variations and the requirements for a mature business in Tanzania and an earlier-stage business in Kenya.
- Map and document business processes including interfaces with third party data and intelligence providers such as credit data providers, payment platforms and vehicle tracking monitoring systems.
- Map and document current business processes and systems.
- Detail business requirements, including regulatory constraints, in a tender document to enable third party system providers and/or developers to respond with detailed pricing and timescales for development and implementation.
Required qualifications of consultant;
- 4+ years product experience, in a fintech product management/ownership role
- Proven leadership and motivational skills
- Ability to translate business requirements into a functional design
- Strong written and oral communication skills a must; can present formally or informally
- Previously worked alongside senior stakeholders, helping to achieve company/product vision
- Basic programming experience
- Experience of working in an agile environment
- Previous experience in a product role within an early stage business preferred
- An understanding of financial services and other regulations affecting fintech in East Africa
- Understanding of managing procurement processes
- Experience of UI & UX design principles (desirable, but not essential) Standards and skill sets.
- Solutions focused - helping us to stay ahead of our competitors
- Excels under pressure - change and improvements to our processes are key to our continued success • Process and detailed focused - working with our wide range of systems
- Can maintain a high level of energy and engagement
- Good presentation skills with a collaborative approach
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications and visa-versa
- Pro-active and conscientious.
This Request for Proposal represents the requirements for an open and competitive process.
- Provide evidence of qualification: experience, capacity and resources to complete the project successfully;
- Technical part of the offer: the approach to be used, the project plan and output to be provided;
- Financial part of the offer: cost of the work to be undertaken, basis of charging (variable rate depending on days worked and cost per day or fixed rate).
- Bidders are expected to complete the project in a maximum period of Three (3) months.
- Proposal should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject head: ‘Senior Product Consultant’
- Proposal must be submitted by 5pm 26th March 2021. No proposal submitted after this time will be accepted.
- All costs must be itemized to include an explanation of all fees and costs.
- Contract terms and conditions will be negotiated upon selection of the winning bidder for this RFP.
- A detailed work plan and timeline must accompany the proposal.
- A detailed list of previous projects for the last two years must be included in the proposal document to demonstrate
Reeds Africa Consult will acknowledge on behalf of the client all received proposal and will also advice the outcome of the selection.