• Ensuring that the medical commodities in the Warehouse are stored in line with Good Warehousing Practices (GWP).
• The Pharmacist will be directly responsible for the control and distribution of all stocks of drugs.
• Liaise with Quality Assurance department on any quality issues affecting commodities especially during receipt, storage and dispatch and along the supply chain.
• Review and monitor the efficacy of medical supplies during storage.
• Liaise and co-ordinate with Quality Assurance department on the release for storage the medical commodities held under quarantine.
• Ensure proper management of controlled and dangerous drugs in line with the existing regulations.
• Conduct risk analysis, advise on key elements and mitigation measures within the function.
• Participate actively in the definition of annual planning and budgets and their update
• Monitor correct stock management across pharmacies within clinics, to guarantee a good control and up-dated data of stock levels and general control over drugs and medical devices.
• Ensuring storage conditions (e.g. humidity, temperature, light exposure, cleanliness, pest and rodents control, etc.), and that classification and organization of medicines and medical material meet the laid down protocols
• Supervise the functioning and organization of the central pharmacy and other peripheral units, setting the protocols and procedures to be followed by all staff, in order to ensure the quality of the service given to the population and the accurate handling of the products and equipment in terms of hygiene and security.
• Report on drug consumptions and medical devices dispensed according to protocols, informing on unusual patterns
• Ensures that all pharmacy staff uses required clothes and equipment according to protocols, i.e. white coat, gloves, etc.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience:
• Possess of a Bachelor of Degree in Pharmacy from a university recognized in Kenya.
• Must have six (6) years’ experience in a similar position, with 3 years at the level of Senior Pharmacist.
• Must have working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) with good analytical, numerical and communication skills.
• Must be registered with the Pharmacy and Poisons Board.
• Must be a member of a professional body for Pharmacists in good standing