We are looking for someone who believes access to water is fundamental to development of any person or community.
If you’re interested in working with ADRA Kenya, we’re more interested in who you are than what you do. So it’s important to us that you know who we are, and why we do what we do.
We’re a team.
In our business, working in isolation doesn’t cut it. We know it, and you know it. That’s why we’re aspiring to be a cohesive team; who learns and succeeds together – desiring the best for each other and for the work of our organization.
Let’s be upfront about this - we truly believe honesty is the best policy. Across the organization - from the management to our support staff – we make honesty the basis of all interaction. So we encourage everyone to be courageous, freely admit mistakes, and question inconsistencies. And know, that your honesty will be appreciated.
We love what we do.
More than just a job, we never take for granted ADRA Kenya’s mission to profoundly improve the lives of those in need. This changes our perspective on the “Why” of our work and it fundamentally changes us as employees.
It’s cliché but true: we’re driven to be the best and to achieve the best.
We push ourselves to challenge assumptions, to realize the greatest goals and new ideas, and most importantly, never settle for the average. Our desire to simplify, be new, surprising and radically useful is becoming our daily mantra.
If this is who you are, then you’re the person we’re looking for.
WHO WE ARE
At ADRA Kenya we work to change the lives of people in need so profoundly, they are able to help themselves and create positive change around them. The values that define how we go about pursuing our mission are excellence, courage, innovation, honesty and selflessness.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR: Someone who believes that every person has a right to access clean water.
We are looking for someone who believes access to water is fundamental to development of any person or community. Someone who pushes the boundaries of excellence and shows an attitude of selflessness within the team. Someone who is bothered by the fact that so many people in Kitui County lack clean portable water.
Position title: Project Manager
Project: Viable water Solutions project
Duty Station: Kitui County
Start date: Immediately
Duration: 6 months
Supervisor: Programs Director
The Viable water Solutions project seeks to provide clean portable water to vulnerable communities in Kitui County.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the Project manager is responsible for spearheading project implementation.
- Specific areas of responsibilities include:
- Oversee and manage the project activities implementation per the donor guidelines.
- Partner with the ministry of Water and sanitation in coordinating the rehabilitation and construction of the water systems and water points.
- Ensure optimal use of financial and capital resources in the project through timely requisitioning of all necessary supplies for project implementation
- In consultation with the supervisor, manage the budgets components to ensure appropriate and efficient use of resources in the project and area of operation
- Develop and maintain working relationships with key stakeholders, such as community leaders, government officials and Ministry of Health etc.
- Actively seek for opportunities of expanding the project’s activities
- Participate in project startup/project closure workshops, baseline survey and end of Project Evaluation for the project as per project design and within the project implementation deadlines
- Prepare project documentation including quarterly and monthly project reports on implementation status, intermediate and final narrative reports as per donor guidelines
- Relevant stakeholders are informed, aware of and supportive of the project goals and activities, and ADRA Kenya at large
- Project targets are met within the set timelines
- Community members are mobilized, intimately vested in and actively participating
- Reports delivered on time and in excellent quality
- All project inputs and activities properly documented and accounted for
- Training materials developed
- This position would suit a candidate with a university degree related to water with a minimum of 2 years field experience.
- S/he should have significant experience in providing solutions to issues of water and in field community work including training. Ability to work independently is strongly desired.
- S/he should have prior experience in pursuing and maintaining partnerships with relevant stakeholders including donors.
- The successful candidate should possess strong command of written and spoken English.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office suite is also required.
The successful candidate should be structured, creative, flexible, and detail-oriented. S/he should have excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines. S/he should be a team player with good communications skills.
To APPLY please send to us via email:
- Cover letter – of no more than one A4 page, addressing why you’re the person we’re looking for
- Curriculum Vitae – no more than three A4 pages (including references)
Given how we pursue simplicity and excellence, it is in your own interest to adhere to the limits outlined above.
Closing date for application is January 25, 2017
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early
Thank you for wanting to work with us.