DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION AND ICT
3. Assistant ECDE Teacher III J/G ‘F’ (204 Posts) REF:CG/KLF/CPSB/ADVRO/73/10/20
This is the entry for teachers with Certificate in ECDE.A teacher at this level will work under the guidance of a more senior teacher for the purposes of professional monitoring and growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Class teaching.
• Organizing and facilitating play/learning activities for the learners.
• Caring and nurturing spiritual, moral, social, mental, physical, aesthetic and emotional growth of the learners (holistic development).
• Managing ECDE classes and keeping professional and administrative records (Scheme of work, lesson plans, daily programme of activities, attendance registers e.t.c) and ensuring learner’s safety and security.
• Preparing and developing play/learning materials.
Requirement for appointment
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have; -
• Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) with minimum grade D+ (Plus) from KNEC or its recognized equivalent.
• Certificate in Early Childhood Development Education offered by KNEC/Ministry of Education or its approved equivalent.
• Registered by the Teachers Service Commission.
• Certificate of Good Conduct.
Terms of service: Contract
Salary Scale: 16,890 – 20,800 p.m.
Other Allowances are as issued by Salaries and Remuneration Commission
For candidates to meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, all applicants must obtain the following:
(a) Tax compliance certificate from KRA
(b) Clearance certificate from HELB
(c) Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission (EACC)
(d) Certificate of good conduct (DCC)
(e) Credit Reference Bureau clearance
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria MUSST use the Application for Employment Form (KCPSB 001) and attach copies of ID, CV, academic/ professional certificates and testimonials.
The form can either be;
• Obtained from the Kilifi County Public Service Board Offices OR
• Downloaded from the Kilifi County website
Applicants can choose to;
• Deliver the form to the Office of the Secretary; County Public Service Board at the Kilifi Complex Centre, Tuskys Building 2nd Floor
• Address it to; -
THE SECRETARY, COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
KILIFI COUNTY GOVERNMENT
P.O BOX 491-80108
All applications in hard copy stating the post applied for should be received not later than 5.00pm on 5th day of November, 2020.
Kilifi County is an equal opportunity employer hence encourages women and physically challenged persons to apply.
• The Kilifi County Public Service Board does not charge fees for any stage of the recruitment and selection process.
• Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
• Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.