Position: ASSISTANT PRODUCTION MANAGER -FLEXO (FOR A LARGE PRINTING COMPANY)
Employer: A LEADING PRINTING COMPANY
Ref No: SGK-APM-09-2020
Job Category: MID MANAGEMENT
• Diploma or degree in printing technology. Good knowledge of microsoft word & excel.
• Minimum 7 years working experience in printing press. Previous experience in pvc extrusion is a plus.
Expected salary: Kshs. 200,000 - 300,000 plus fully maintained family house with free electricity, water and cooking gas plus school fees for two children and medical cover among other generous benefits.
Assistant production manager (flexo) will be in charge of running the flexo and letterpress department at the company. This involves 2 flexo machines, 2 letterpress machines and over 15 finishing machines (slitting, tubing, cutting, inspection, etc) and will be required to have the following skills: -
• Printing machine knowledge: inline & ci flexo machines on uv and solvent ink. Intermittent letterpress machines on uv ink.
• finishing machine knowledge: sleeve tubing machine, sleeve cutting machine, slitter rewinder and inspection machines.
• Product knowledge: bopp wraparound labels, pvc shrink & pet labels, self adhesive labels.
• Should have experience of managing a team of at least 50 production staff, including contract (casual) labour. Should be quality conscious, and have knowledge of standard quality control processes.
• Should have experience in break down and preventative maintenance of machines (should be able to troubleshoot basic mechanical problems).
• Should have knowledge of color correction, should be able to guide pre-press department when needed to achieve desired result.