Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
1. Perform business management and board reporting through:
• Assisting in the consolidation of the overall business and reporting on strategy implementation on monthly basis for management reviews.
• Coordinating and consolidating business plans prepared by the Executive Leadership team.
• Preparing the action log for fortnight EXCO meetings and making follow ups for action implementations and updates; Preparing minutes and follow up action emanating from periodic performance meetings.
• Interacting with departmental heads to determine reports requirements and recommend improvements, where necessary.
• Tracking periodic and ad hoc business performance and preparing management performance reports; highlighting variances in relation to the set strategy and proposing recommendations.
• Championing ad hoc key complains reports.
• Consolidating data and preparing competitor analysis on quarterly basis.
• Consolidating periodic board reports timely as per the board calendar.
2. Assist in planning and budgeting by:
• Coordinating annual budget build-up in collaboration with the finance team and the departmental heads.
• Work with the finance team to ensure there is a budgetary control process in each stage of the business operation and business decision.
3. Provide administrative support through:
• Proactively managing the CEO’s calendar planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel and keeping him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
• Be the liaison for smooth communication between the CEO and the executive team; Support the CEO, Executive Leadership Team and Board of Directors as required with setting up meetings, drafting agendas, taking minutes at meetings, circulating papers, when required.
• Routing and possibly pre-reading CEO’s correspondence; draft letters and documents; collecting and analysing business-related information; preparing presentations and initiating telecommunications as and when required.
• Coordinating with the administration team the CEO’s travel arrangements, processing expenses, visa applications, and provision of hospitality to visitors; oversee the cleanliness and orderliness of the CEO’s office.
• Maintaining the CEO’s office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating and recommending new office products.
• Manage the CEO’s office files and filing (both electronic and hard copy), archiving or disposal of documents as appropriate.
• Ensuring CEO’s office assets are in good working condition; coordinating the scheduling of preventive maintenance within agreed timelines; troubleshooting malfunctions where possible; coordinating repairs with the relevant team; evaluating and recommending new equipment.
4. Handle special projects and any other official duties as directed by the CEO.
• Undergraduate degree in a business-related course preferably in commerce, accounting or statistics.
• CPA/ACCA/CFA/ICMA or certification in project management is added advantage.
• At least 4 years of work experience in business performance reporting plus project management.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly, MS Word, MS Excel and Ms PowerPoint.
• Strong analytical skills with excellent problem-solving skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and exceptional presentation skills.
• Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
• A high degree of professionalism and the ability to maintain confidence and discretion at all times.
• Flexible and adaptable.
• Strong in influencing and negotiating and in stakeholder management