Integrity is preparing for an upcoming opportunity with the World Bank to be the Monitoring Agent (MA) on the Somalia Multi-Partner Fund (MPF).
The objective of the assignment is to third-party monitoring and assurance ensuring that MPF funds executed by Somali authorities are utilized for the purposes specified in MPF grant agreements. The MA will support the World Bank to fulfill its fiduciary, procurement, monitoring and supervision obligations with respect to the expanding range of MPF projects.
The scope of the MA’s work covers the monitoring and evaluation of activities under World Bank’s implementation support activities in the Somalia portfolio. This includes support to task teams in the verification of results, verification of outputs against physical progress and financial progress reports, the alignment between physical and financial progress as well as monitoring and identifying risks related to implementation and disbursement progress, tracking environmental and social performance, project implementation arrangements, human resource management, and fiduciary risks.
Scope of Work
Integrity is recruiting a Digital Platform Manager (DPM) to work with a Digital Platform Lead (DPL), and Digital Platform Developer (DPD), in Nairobi to manage the development of a digital platform for a Third-Party Monitoring (TPM) project.
Along with the DPL and DPD and s/he will be responsible for managing the design, development, configuration, testing, and uptake of a digital platform. S/he will also liaise closely with the project’s client, Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Manager and its Data Officers.
The DPM will coordinate the delivery of a Digital Platform (DP) to store, visualise and report on the programme’s data. The DP will include:
Interactive relational directories of client-funded activities, programmes, implementing partners, performance monitoring information, thematic workstreams and geographic locations
Dashboards and a ‘public’ interface (access to be defined)
Comparable data integrated from field visits that can be compared with other information portals used by the client and its partners.
This is a full-time role with a fixed term of two years. Ideally the position will be based in Nairobi, but we are open to candidates working remotely. The role is contingent on project award. We anticipate that the program would begin in June/July 2021.
Terms of Reference
The DPM will conduct the following technical, engagement, support and training activities:
A. Technical Delivery
- Lead the day-to-day DP administration, user management and training
- Be the primary point of contact for digital platform technical delivery by the Digital Platform Developer (DPD), including bug reporting and providing clear, detailed requests for amendments and enhancements
- Support Digital Platform Lead’s (DPL) management of DPD effort prioritization
- Coordinate Digital Platform Unit (DPU) testing to verify new ‘Releases’ before they are made live on the platform, including new features, enhancements and the resolution of bugs
- Support the DPL in consultations with during inception to identify a ‘wish-list’ of features, drafting this into a Product Specification Document.
- Support DPL in iterations of the submitted digital platform Product Specification Document, including for handover of the system to World Bank at contract end.
B. User Engagement and Support
- Lead a ‘helpdesk’ service supporting all World Bank personnel and external stakeholders as users of the platform, managing the ‘support@’ and ‘no reply@’ shared email inboxes.
- Proactively engage World Bank users and external stakeholders to increase usage and value of the platform to stakeholders.
- Support DPL in briefings and consultations with World Bank contract managers.
- Provide weekly ‘Sit Reps’ of feature development and DPU stakeholder engagements.
- Use platform engagement analytics to inform targeted support and to report user behaviour insights to the World Bank.
- Lead a bespoke training syllabus for data collection and enumerators using mobile technologies.
- Monitor and develop the security of the digital platform working with the DPD to identify and deliver best practices.
- Train and support focal points within the client and its partner organisations to use the DP effectively.
- Be responsible for comprehensive training and guidance reference documents.
- Develop and finalise user pilot content for user orientation on the platform.
- Develop user training feedback form, identifying lessons and corrective actions from responses.
The DPM will contribute to the following deliverables:
- Product Specification Document.
- Alpha / Beta / Live DP.
- Ongoing maintenance and support for the Digital Platform.
- Training, guidance, user engagement analysis.
Your Experience and Expertise
Required Qualifications and experience
- Has 5+ years’ experience in user-centered design; development, testing, and deployment of database systems; training; and client engagement, preferably in the international development sector
- Has experience working in monitoring and evaluation
- Has strong technology skills and competencies
- Has experience building strong relationships in complex organisations / projects
- Has conducted digital training and capacity building (face-to-face and written)
- Is experienced in data collection methodologies and technologies
- Is a strong written and verbal communicator
- Is proactive and detail orientated.
- is knowledgeable about digital data collection best practices
- has experience working as part of a geographically disperse team
- understands survey design, and qualitative / quantitative data analysis
- has experience using & administrating data analysis software (Nvivo, R, PowerBI)
- It is desirable that the DPM holds a degree or equivalent experience in international development and/or software production/management.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the application form at www.integrityglobal.com/apply and attach a CV and Cover Letter at the bottom of your application.
The closing date for applications is 26 April 2021. However, we will review candidates on a rolling basis and the vacancy may be filled before this deadline. We encourage early applications. Please be advised that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please note that this position is contingent on the awarding of funding.
Candidates must have the right to work in Kenya.
Integrity is an equal opportunities employer. And positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We will respect your confidentiality and abide by UK data protection laws.