Enumerator - Multiple Counties across Kenya
Research, Teaching & Training
The Enumerator, under the supervision of the Senior Field Supervisor, will be primarily responsible for the collection of high-quality data in the field. Below is a list of some of the general duties and responsibilities of the Enumerator
- Minimum Qualification:Diploma
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:1 year
Job Title Enumerator
Deadline 30th May 2023
Location Multiple Counties across Kenya
We are a data, research, and technical advisory firm specialized in complex development challenges. We work with universities, global think tanks, international NGOs, multilateral donor organizations, and government ministries and agencies. Our clients include, for example, the World Bank, USAID, TechnoServe, Promundo, the Mastercard Foundation, and several UN agencies.
We currently have offices in the Netherlands, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, and Sierra Leone. The team brings together more than 80 full-time local and international staff and 1,000+ enumerators across all countries. We are proud to be a culturally diverse organization, and we welcome applications from groups currently under-represented in our team. Learn more: www.laterite.com
We work in socio-economic development research projects. We believe that impact is a long-term endeavour that requires being embedded in the local context. Delivering high-quality research requires building local teams and data collection systems, knowing the country, and establishing close working relationships.
One of Laterite’s key strategic goals is to create a collaborative and rewarding working environment for our staff, where every team member feels engaged, represented, and heard. Laterite is committed to creating opportunities for learning and career development within the team and across our offices.
Laterite is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
The Enumerator, under the supervision of the Senior Field Supervisor, will be primarily responsible for the collection of high-quality data in the field. Below is a list of some of the general duties and responsibilities of the Enumerator.
● Actively participate and complete training
● Data collection using SurveyCTO; piloting survey with minimal supervision and adhering to the study protocol
● Ensure proper screening of respondents for identification and administration of informed consent
● Interacting with study respondents and project partners with the highest level of integrity and understanding
● Providing feedback during debriefs on data collection and survey instruments that will inform improvements in the survey tool
● Ensure data integrity is maintained always and minimize errors in data collection
● Completion of scheduled activities each day in a timely manner
● Maintain project inventory (electronic devices, stationeries etc) in a safe and secure manner
● Document issues that arise in the field and communicate them to your supervisor
● Take responsibility for tracking expenses and reporting them to your supervisor
● Assist in any other tasks related to the delivery of the project at hand as assigned by your supervisor
● MUST have a minimum of a diploma in a health-related course (e.g., nursing, medicine, pharmacy, medical laboratory, public health etc.)
● Experience conducting research in sexual and reproductive health is an added advantage
● Minimum of 1-year experience in quantitative data collection
● Strong writing and analytical skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
● Well-organized, detail-oriented, excellent listening skills and comfortable discussing sensitive issues
● Excellent communication skills with fluency in English and Swahili
● Experience in mobile data collection softwares is an added advantage
● Female candidates are encouraged to apply
● Candidates from Turkana and Marsabit are also encouraged to apply
Please click here to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Applicants are encouraged to apply early as applications will be reviewed on a ROLLING BASIS.
DISCLAIMER: Please note that Laterite will never request any form of payment from an applicant.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured