Mandera County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the above vacant position in the Office of the Governor, Mandera County Government.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:6 years
7. Head of Countering Violence Extremism Coordinator, JG “P” ONE (1) POST
Terms of service – Contractual terms of 3 years
Duties and Responsibilities
• General administration and coordination of countering violence extremism;
• Develop, implement and review policies and legal framework to support countering violence extremism in the County;
• Developing, implementing and monitoring of the Performance Management system within the Sub-County on combating violence;
• Promotion of National Values and Principles of Good Governance as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya;
• Advice the County on mater related to maintenance of peace and programmes to support the effort of the County Government in combating violence extremism in the County
• Develop de-radicalization strategy jointly with all stake holders;
• Operationalize counter-narrative in all media on the true position of Islam to counter the falsified campaign by terrorists about Islam;
• Facilitate establishment of rehabilitation centers for drug addicts;
• Engage specific stakeholder groups within society to keep the de-radicalization efforts continuously in motion;
• Collaborate and coordinate de-radicalization activities in line with national de-radicalization strategy
• Promotion of youth empowerment projects and programs.
• Any other duties related to peace building as may be assigned from time to time
Requirements for appointment
• Be a Kenyan citizen;
• Be a holder of Bachelor’s Degree in religious studies from a university recognized in Kenya;
• Have six (6) years of relevant experience related to peace building
• Meets the requirements of leadership and integrity as prescribed in Chapter Six of the Constitution;
• Demonstrate a high degree of professional and technical competence in work performance and results;
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of devolution, the county development objectives and vision 2030;
• Have the capacity to work under pressure to meet set deadlines.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicant should fill in Mandera County employment application form and attach copies of Certificates, Testimonials and Identity card. The Form can be downloaded from Mandera County Website www.mandera.go.ke or obtained from Mandera County Public Service Board office.
No online application will be accepted. Mandera County Public Service Board is an equal opportunity employer and corruption free entity.
Incomplete application form will not be accepted and giving false information in the application form will lead to automatic disqualification. The Board will not accept any other form of application except Mandera County Government employments application form.
Applications should reach the County Public Service Board on or before 14th December, 2022 at 4.30pm.
Application should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position applied for and vacancy number and;
Mandera County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 356-70300, Mandera
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured