Location: 100% Homabay
Reports to: Human Resource Manager
Start Date: Immediate
Are you looking for rapid professional development in on of Kenya’s fastest growing young companies? Victory Farms is recruiting a Human Resource Officer to lead system creation and drive financial planning, reporting and analysis. The Accountant is to manage finance receivables functions at Victory Farms Ltd. The assignment involves performing HR related functions, working in close collaboration with other company departments.
Come join us at Victory Farms as a Human Resource Officer.
The ideal candidate should have a college degree (or equivalent in work experience) with 3+ years’ experience working in a fast-paced office environment. He/ She will be responsible for the duties outlined below:
- Organize, compile, update company personnel records and documentation.
- Assist recruitment of potential applicants based on experience, skills, and education, filing paperwork, completing employee documentation, recording data on each current employee; maintaining and filing paperwork of terminated or exiting employees.
- Coordinate HR projects in coordination with the HR Nairobi office.
- Help organize and manage new employee orientation, onboarding, and training programs.
- Provide documentation of employee absences, bonuses, and personal time to be used in payroll preparation.
- Answer employee questions and address employee concerns with company; including employee safety, welfare, wellness and health.
- Assist in drawing up plans for future personnel hiring procedures and goals.
- Casual management.
- Effective communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to form working relationships with people at all levels.
- Teamwork skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- IT skills.
About Victory Farms
Victory Farms aims to become the leading tilapia farm in Africa over the next 5 years while maintaining the highest environmental and social standards. We endeavor to be the most sustainable tilapia farm in the world, adhering to global standards and best practices, and producing affordable, sustainable protein to feeding millions of people across the Africa.
VF is the fastest growing aquaculture business on the continent and the largest producer of Tilapia in East Africa.
The company is rapidly expanding its vertically integrated model: production, processing, and sales & distribution to keep pace with the rapid growth in demand for protein. Victory Farms is employing world-class technologies, people, and processes to build a model for sustainable protein production on the continent. The Company strives for the highest standards in performance, execution, culture, and integrity.
Victory Farms was established on Lake Victoria in 2015 with both on-shore and off-shore facilities. The head office is in Nairobi, and its farm site is in HomaBay County, and distribution across Kenya. Since inception, Victory Farms has become one of the fastest growing companies in aquaculture globally. In its first eight months of operation, the Company became the largest aquaculture producer in Kenya. Today, it is the largest aquaculture player in East Africa and operates one of largest hatcheries on the continent.
VF’s growth trajectory provides enormous opportunity for excited professional to uplift their careers and make an impact within a diverse operation. We recognize the utmost importance which contributions by individuals and teams have to the success of Victory Farms. We work to create a fantastic environment for our employees. An environment where employees to have an opportunity to develop professionally and personally.