Bliss Healthcare Ltd is a leading provider of medical services in East Africa that provides accessible, affordable and quality outpatient healthcare services. Currently, we are providing care to over 70,000 patients every month through more than 75 state of the art clinics spread out in Kenya. We are looking for qualified, driven and result oriented individuals in respective fields alongside mandatory registration and licenses for the following position based all over the country.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Responsible for the smooth and efficient clinic operations.
Ensuring integration of the strategic plan of the organization with the operations as well as providing management oversight for the development of high quality, cost effective and within the organization.
Ensuring high quality, cost effective and integrated within the organization as well as ensuring efficient services designed to meet the needs of the public and staff, focusing on systems and clinic operations whilst delivering high quality care.
• Maintains standard of medical care and provide leadership to ensure an appropriately skilled medical workforce.
• Implementing and monitoring procedures, policies and performances standard for medical, nursing, technical and administrative staff.
• Controlling administrative operation such as budget, planning, report preparation and expenditure on supplies equipment and services.
• Directing, supervising and evaluating the work activities of medical, nursing, Lab tech, pharm tech, and other Medical personnel.
• Plan, organize, direct, control and coordinate medical programs and clinical services in the assigned clinics.
• Must possess leadership skills, as well as the ability to communicate effectively with clinics employees, patient, attendant, etc.
• Offer Moral support and promote the mission of the Organization.
• Bachelor’s degree in medicine or equivalent from an institution recognized by MP&DB
• Successfully undertook a one-year internship.
• Be registered by MB&DB
• Valid practicing license and letter of good standing from the Board and
• Required relevant work experience: 3+ years of quality supervisory experience.
• Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with a team
• Proven experience in leadership management
• In-depth knowledge of hospital procedures and KPI/KQIs of patient care
• Understanding of basic budgeting and financial reporting
• Great knowledge of legal regulations and best practices in healthcare
• Willingness to keep abreast of changing standards in medical administration
• Excellent ability to lead and develop personnel
• Great communication and people skills
• Outstanding organizational and stress management skills
HOW TO APPLY
Send updated CV on or before 5pm on 7th November 2020.
Please note that the candidates who meet the eligible criteria WILL BE shortlisted will be contacted.