Duties and Responsibilities for the Audit Committee
• Evaluate whether processes are in place to address key roles and responsibilities in relation to risk management.
• Evaluate the adequacy of the control environment to provide reasonable assurance that the systems of internal control are of a high standard and functioning as intended.
• Perform an independent review of the financial statements to ensure the integrity and transparency of the financial reporting process.
• Monitor the effectiveness of the County Government’s performance information and compliance with the performance management framework and performance reporting requirements.
• Evaluate the quality of the internal audit function, particularly in the areas of planning, monitoring and reporting.
• Engage with external audit and assessing the adequacy of management response to issues identified by audit.
• Review the effectiveness of how the County Government monitors compliance with relevant legislative and regulatory requirements and promotes a culture committed to lawful and ethical behavior.
Requirements and Competencies
• Be a Kenyan citizen.
• Bachelor’s degree in any of the following: – Accounting, Auditing, Risk Management, Finance, Economics, Procurement, Human Resource Management, Law or any other related field from a University recognized in Kenya;
• Possession of a Master’s Degree in any of the above fields will be an added advantage;
• Professional qualifications relevant to their field and be a member in good standing of the relevant professional body e.g. ICPAK, IIA, IHRM, ICPSK, LSK, IEK, CISA, KISM;
• At least five (5) years professional experience in any of the following fields: -Accounting, Auditing, Risk Management, Finance, Economics, Procurement, Human Resource Management, Law or any other related field at senior management level in a busy, reputable public or private organization;
• Have a thorough understanding of the relevant legislations, best practices and emerging issues in Accounting, Auditing, Risk Management, Finance, Economics, Human Resource Management, Procurement, Law and other related fields;
• Have a good understanding of Government operations and financial management system; and
• Be a person of integrity, demonstrated professional competence and strong interpersonal skills.
Terms and Conditions of Service
• Members of the Audit Committee shall be appointed for a term of three (3) years on part-time basis and shall be eligible for re-appointment for a further one (1) term only.
• Be paid allowances at rates determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
NOTE: A person shall not be qualified for appointment as a member of Audit Committee if the persons: -
a) Is present or past employee of the County Government of Wajir.
b) Have served as an employee or an agent of a business organization which has carried out business with the County Government of Wajir for the last two years;
c) Is a political office holder;
How to apply
Applicants should attach copies of National ID Card, a detailed CV, all relevant academic and professional certificates and testimonials and chapter six clearance certificates in a sealed envelope clearly marked “Member, Wajir County Audit Committee”, to reach us on or before 29th September, 2021 at 5.00 p.m. and addressed to:
County Public Service Board,
P.O Box 45-70200, Wajir, Kenya
Hand delivered applications should be handed over at the County Public Service Board’s offices at Wajir County Headquarters. No online applications.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted
The County Government of Wajir is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified Women, Youth and Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
WAJIR COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD