We are seeking a motivated and highly organised Office Manager to join our office in Eldoret, Kenya. This is a full- time placement with significant opportunities for personal development. You will be given a task of utmost importance – to take care of our team's well-being and daily company operational tasks to ensure the business is running smoothly, and our team is in their highest spirits. To be successful in this role, you should be open-minded, outgoing, diligent, and value your ability to help people as the first priority.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 5 years
About The Company
Earthtree is a Kenyan company that develops agroforestry projects – rapidly scaling up climate action with real and measurable social and environmental benefits. In Kenya, Earthtree grows new forests in a highly data driven manner, supporting regenerative horticulture and agriculture projects that can restore ecosystems that bring back biodiversity and support farmers with new sources of revenue. We support communities to help their land regeneration goals and engage with farmers, and landholders to help them achieve their land productivity goals.
Who and what are we looking for?
We are seeking a motivated and highly organised Office Manager to join our office in Eldoret, Kenya. This is a full- time placement with significant opportunities for personal development. You will be given a task of utmost importance – to take care of our team's well-being and daily company operational tasks to ensure the business is
running smoothly, and our team is in their highest spirits. To be successful in this role, you should be open-minded, outgoing, diligent, and value your ability to help people as the first priority.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Taking care of our employees' happiness and well-being, by helping design the workplace, organising team events, championing company values and culture, onboarding new employees, and more.
- Building and Maintaining administrative processes, record-keeping, invoices, in coordination with the accountant, to enable reliable financial reporting.
- Organising team members travels, including screening for the best deals (price and time), booking (plane, hotels, car rental) and keeping track of the expenses.
- Keeping track and managing our partner relations (suppliers, event organisers, office maintenance partners etc.)
- Laptop and IT equipment inventory, orders and repairs management.
- Managing stationery, office supplies and consumables.
- Design, implement and improve processes for office and operations management, budget and inventory tracking and analysis.
- Manage daily administrative and logistical functions, including opening and closing the office.
- Support the Project Management in keeping the office fully operational, including negotiating and managing utilities contracts for water, electricity, etc.
- Ensure that the project team is fully resourced to carry out their respective job responsibilities.
- Procure and track inventory of office supplies and consumables.
- Maintain a list of approved vendors for office supplies, consumables, and other service providers, such as security guards, maintenance, and cleaners.
- Maintain the information and communications technology at the head office, such as the main phone lines, server, and internet service.
- Ensure safety protocols are followed at the office; conduct regular safety and security drills as required in the Safety Plan.
- Manage petty cash bank and small payments authorised by the Project Management.
- Other duties as assigned by the Management.
- Onboard yourself into Earthtree Workplace, JIRA, Confluence and Earthbanc MRV App – and check the posts each day and reply conscientiously with Earthtree colleagues to ensure you keep moving priorities and project deliverables forward.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree from an accredited university.
- Five years of professional experience in office administration or project management preferably with an international organisation or a large Kenyan organisation. Or Proven work experience or training in an office management or operations role in a high-growth/startup environment.
- Experience with procurement and inventory management.
- Familiarity with Kenyan Government regulations is highly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), MS Visio, MS Project and Windows Operating System, G Suite software and “back-office” computer systems.
- Experience with one of the following project management or program management software tools is required or there must be a commitment to learn one of these software packages: MS Project, JIRA, Confluence, Trello, HIVE, ClickUp.
- Responsible, highly organised, and motivated.
- Excellent project and time management skills that utilise digital management tools.
- A high degree of emotional intelligence and communication skills (both written and verbal), fluency (speaking, reading, writing) in English.
- Strong analytical, prioritisation and organisational skills for working across multiple departments/disciplines.
- Positive attitude and not afraid to get involved in all areas of the business.
- Experience in a customer-service orientated environment, working with budgets, record-keeping and inventory tracking.
- Proactive and pragmatic problem solver with well-developed people skills.
- Comfortable with a fast-changing work environment due to company growth.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience of working internationally in varied cultures and countries.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Ability to remain calm and focused in stressful or complex situations.
- Experience working with virtual teams in fast growing companies.
Working at Earthtree
● This role is full-time with flexible hours.
● Join a fast growing business with a great opportunity to quickly grow your career.
● Join the office in Eldoret, Uasin Gishu County, Kenya and help us positively impact climate, biodiversity and communities in Kenya and globally.
● We support some remote work but are moving to about half time in offices to encourage in-person collaboration and teamwork.
● We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability. We ensure every applicant gets an equal chance of success.
● Learning and development: We are on a constant learning journey and you will receive an annual learning and development budget to help you with this.
● Paid time off.
● Hybrid work policy.
● Relocation package available from anywhere globally.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.