Manage the Managing Director’s electronic diary, assessing the priority of appointments and Appraisal process management, annual leave, sick Leave, assisting with escalated HR issues such as grievance and disciplinary matters, training, and recruitment. Communicate and handle incoming and outgoing electronic communications on behalf of the Director.
• Greet visitors graciously and in a professional manner, create a good personal image through a neat, clean, businesslike professional appearance and a positive, cheerful attitude
• Answer phones in a pleasant, helpful and professional manner, direct all incoming calls to appropriate party promptly and efficiently, accurately recording messages and reliably passing messages to recipient in a timely manner
• Be friendly and professional while managing heavy communications and calendar scheduling (requiring interaction with both internal and external executives and assistants, as well as consultants, customers, co-workers and the general public) to coordinate various complex meetings
• Research and information gathering – writing a report on researched and gathered information • Organizing meetings and events - Coordination of customer’s complaints process
• Minute taking and distribution of any important communication to members of staffs
• Lead by example and demonstrate a desire to share expertise, knowledge, and skills with other team members.
• Take responsibility for the implementation of initiatives within own sphere of duties • Manage travel arrangements for staffs undertaking business trip (including visas/accommodation).
• Process MD’s correspondence, ensuring that incoming correspondence is dealt with by the Director/or on behalf of the Director, or other staff as appropriate.
• Maintain MD’s office systems, including data management and filing.
• Maintain records of Company’s contacts.
• Screen calls, inquiries and requests, and deal with them when appropriate.
• Assist Director in researching and following up with action on matters which fall within the MD’s responsibility – chasing responses, triggering follow-up action.
• Produce documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations for the MD.
• Organize meetings and ensure that Chairperson/MD is well prepared for those meetings, preparing agendas, pre-meeting briefings and meeting papers.
•Work with the Director to manage his calendar and schedule (board meetings, business meetings, conferences, regional office visits) including coordinating Director’s global and domestic travel itineraries
• Organize all other meetings to be attended by the Director, including staff lunches, coffees, and Skype calls.
• Ensures that key dates and events are highlighted to the Executive Director ahead of time
• Engage and perform any other duties as may reasonably be required by the Chairperson/MD.
Salary KES 60,000 – 90,000 Gross