Reports to: Head of Clinical Services
Key Result Areas:
• To carry out a systematic assessment of clients and their families so as to identify their physical challenges and how the family can be involved in the care and support of the client
• To discuss with the client and family the findings of the assessment so as to enable them understand their health condition for better adherence to care
• To technically develop an efficient and acceptable progressive rehabilitation program for the client and family for effective functional recovery
• To apply expertise in selecting a treatment modality (exercise therapy, electrotherapy, lifestyle management skills, cryotherapy, massage) that addresses the client’s needs and improves their condition
• To proficiently carry out the relevant treatment procedures so as to achieve maximum attainable physical function
• To appropriately assess the client for need of assistive devices, provide and train the client in the use of the device in order to achieve physical functional independence
• To identify the locally available resources and train the client and his family in their use at home to ensure continuity and proper follow up.
• To carry out targeted home visits to families and communities in order to incorporate the rehabilitation program into the home environment, for adaptation and continuity of care plan, and follow up.
• To evaluate the clients progress for effectiveness of the treatment and further planning
• To carry out appropriate referral of clients to relevant service points for comprehensive management.
• To link and participate in resettlement of rehabilitated NHL clients with physical impairments and disabilities back to the community for adaptability, acceptability to ensure continuity of normal life
• To ensure that the community exit plans are made by the therapist after successful rehabilitation has been achieved for every client
• Any other duties as may be assigned
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• The ability to obtain complex medical information from those whose first language may not be English.
• The ability to work as a pivotal member of a team comprising medical and non-medical colleagues.
• The ability to maintain a compassionate and understanding approach even under pressure.
• To be able to make rapid assessments of risk and start treatment, transfer or other remote intervention.
• To be able to communicate their decisions and the reasoning behind them to the patient and other parties.
• To develop an understanding of the commercial and corporate structures and operations of our clients.
Knowledge/Qualifications and Experience
• A diploma in Physiotherapy
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.