The Power Station Technician is responsible for the operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of power generation equipment within the facility. This role involves ensuring the efficient and safe production of electrical power while adhering to operational protocols and safety standards.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 2 years
Age Group: 35 - 45 years
Qualification & Other Requirements
• A degree or diploma in Electrical Engineering, Power Systems, or a related field.
• Proven experience as a Power Station Technician or in a similar role within a power generation facility.
• Proficient in the operation and maintenance of power generation equipment, including knowledge of control systems and instrumentation.
• Familiarity with safety protocols, emergency response procedures, and adherence to industry-specific safety standards.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to address technical issues and optimize power generation processes.
• Effective communication skills to convey information clearly, especially during emergency situations.
• Ability to work collaboratively with a team and coordinate activities with other departments.
• Willingness to work in a dynamic and challenging environment, adapting to changing operational requirements.
• Relevant certifications in power generation or electrical systems would be advantageous.
Roles & Responsibilities
• The Power Station Technician is responsible for the operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of power generation equipment within the facility. This role involves ensuring the efficient and safe production of electrical power while adhering to operational protocols and safety standards.
• Operate and monitor power generation equipment, including turbines, generators, and associated systems, to ensure optimal performance.
• Perform routine maintenance tasks on power generation equipment, conduct inspections, and address any identified issues promptly.
• Identify and troubleshoot electrical and mechanical issues in power generation systems, implementing corrective actions to minimize downtime.
• Respond to emergency situations promptly, executing established procedures to address power outages or equipment failures.
• Adhere to safety protocols, ensuring a safe working environment for self and others; report and address any safety concerns.
• Maintain accurate records of equipment operations, maintenance activities, and any incidents, providing necessary documentation for reporting and analysis.
• Implement preventive maintenance schedules to enhance the reliability and longevity of power generation equipment.
• Testing and Calibration: Conduct routine testing and calibration of instruments and control systems to ensure accuracy and compliance with specifications.
• Collaborate with other technicians, engineers, and relevant personnel to optimize power generation processes and address complex issues.
• Ensure compliance with environmental regulations and standards related to power generation activities.
• Identify opportunities for improving energy efficiency in power generation processes and contribute to the implementation of energy-saving initiatives.
Salary: Negotiable based on the Qualification and Experience of the Candidate with an indicative range of Gross kshs. 50,000 to 60,000 per month.
Other benefits as per company’s policy.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.