The clinical officer is responsible in acting as the first line of clinical services and patient care in a professional and responsible manner.
- Minimum Qualification:Diploma
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
Nairobi Adventist hospital, a level 4 Faith Based Hospital provides excellent employment opportunities to competent, diligent and ethical individuals. We are located in Nyari, Westlands off Redhill Road. .
As part of our strategic realignment, we believe that attracting and retaining the right people is essential to the realization of our facility goals and therefore must have in place right human resources. .
NAH therefore invites applications from qualified professionals
REGISTERED CLINICAL OFFICER
REPORTS TOMEDICAL OFFICER IN-CHARGE OF THE SECTION
In closely working with the medical practitioners, the clinical officer is to offer quality clinical health care to all patients in the hospital. The clinical officer is responsible in acting as the first line of clinical services and patient care in a professional and responsible manner.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide comprehensive and high-quality clinical services including (Take/review the patient’s history to ascertain the right clinical examinations and treatment and prescription of treatment) to patients.
- Order investigation and interpretation of results for diagnosis and explain the results to the patients and the intended treatment.
- Diagnose and institute appropriate treatment, write prescriptions, and carry out other treatment activities while ensuring that established treatment protocols are effectively followed.
- Attend to emergencies presenting to the hospital and recommend referrals for cases that cannot be managed.
- Ensure that all required observations and vitals, prescribed treatment and procedures are carried out and documented on patients’ charts.
- Create phenomenal patient experiences, including counseling and sensitizing patients through health talks on preventive and promotive health.
- Embrace, learn and develop in an evidence-based medical system in line with Nairobi Adventist Hospitals’ protocols.
- Ensure effective clinical procedures, rules, regulations which are consistent with organization procedures.
- When necessary, arrange for patient referrals or consultations for specialty or higher-level management.
- Participate in outreaches or other activities such as health talks or community programs.
- Handle patient data/ information confidentially at all times.
- Prepare the weekly plans/schedules and reports.
- Ensure that the clinic environment is safe and complies with infection control standards.
- Document all aspects of patient care and maintain accurate and complete medical records.
- Actively participate in clinical training programs, including on-job training and skills building.
- Be a holder of Diploma in Clinical Medicine from KMTC or other Institution recognized by the Kenya Clinical Officers Council
- Registered Clinical Officer with current license from the Kenya Clinical Officers Council.
- Higher diploma in s specialized clinical area will be an advantage
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Team player with great inter-personal skills
Interested candidates are invited to send their Application Letter, CV, letter of reference from pastor/chaplain, and copies of certificates on or before Tuesday, 31st January, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org. These documents should be merged into one PDF document. For details on job purpose and job description, kindly visit our website www.nah.or.ke/careers. Late applications will not be accepted and ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Addressed to: The Human Resource Manager,
Central Kenya Conference
P.O. Box 41352-00100
Quoting your salary expectation and the position applied for as the subject line.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured