Opening Date: 11thNovemebr, 2020 Closing Date: 30th November, 2020 Background Information:
The Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI), in collaboration with the University of California, San Francisco through an NIH funded grant is setting up a new Study, SEARCH-SAPPHIRE trial, aimed at piloting HIV treatment and prevention interventions with the goal of further reducing HIV incidence following the successes recorded in the SEARCH trial. The study will be conducted in Homabay and Migori counties and has the following vacancies to be filled.
12. Position: Research Assistant (3 Positions) KMR/7 Vacancy No. FN-013-11-2020
Reports to: Data Coordinator
Duration: 7 Months
• Diploma in Information Technology, Community Health, Social Work or related fields
• Computer proficient with good knowledge of Microsoft Office
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure Blue/Green card and CRFs are entered in to the electronic databases (OpenMRS, Clinic data works, NCD).
• Pull pre-programmed reports from Open MRS on a weekly basis and send it to the supervisors every Friday.
• Compile weekly Blue/Green card and NCD card data entry report and send it to the supervisors.
• Pull the weekly retention report and share with the Retention coordinator.
• Support in correction of frequent data errors identified by the data coordinator.
• Update the appointment tracking databases.
• Making initial contacts with potential study subjects and introducing them to the study.
• Recruit and obtain informed consent from study subjects.
• Manage calendar of appointments under supervision of study clinician.
• Filing and maintaining study documents as Patient files in the CCC.
• Deliver reminders of appointment dates to study participants.
• Trace study participants.
• Ensuring proper documentation on all the study CRFs as well the MOH forms and Registers.
• Maintaining and uploading study data on a daily basis under supervision of data officer.
• Accurate and prompt study documentation.
• Transport Reimbursement for referred participant
• Other duties as assigned by the Data Coordinator
Other required skills:
• Must be keen and attentive to details and have ability to follow instructions and procedures properly.
• Excellent written and verbal communication required.
• Must be non-judgmental and flexible to mix with all cadres of people
• Prior knowledge of Health Management Information Systems is desired
• Must have good interpersonal skills, flexible and a team player.
• Ability to ride a motorbike (with a valid driving license) will be an added advantage.
Applications should include the following:
• A cover letter stating current position and date available to start working for the program
• A current CV including email and mobile phone contact
• Name and phone number for two professional referees
• Two letters of recommendation
• A copy of the latest pay slip (if applicable)
• Copies of academic and professional certificates
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are encouraged to send in their applications through email; firstname.lastname@example.org
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS SELECTION PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.