Job Title - School Administrator
Department - Business Management
Reports to - Head, Business Management with dotted reporting lines to the Academic Manager
Liaises with - All Internal staff and departments, Teachers, peer administrators, Parents, and Students
Main purpose - To promote the highest standards of business ethos within the administrative function of the school, and strategically ensure the most effective use of resources in support of the schools learning objectives.
Job scope and context - To manage the school administration office and provide coordinative services across board.
Min Educational Requirements and work experience
- Diploma in Business Administration or equivalent. Degree in business management is an added advantage.
- At least (5) years’ working experience in similar role or equivalent; Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
Skills and knowledge needed - Early childcare experience, bookkeeping and finance experience; administrative experience;
Key Skills/personal attributes Analytical, organized, systematic & methodical, effective communicator, good interpersonal and influencing skills, drives change, self motivated, reliable.
• Set-up and maintain efficient office systems and routines including manuals, data entry routines, filing and retrieval systems e.t.c
• Manage school correspondence with stakeholders
• Effectively manage, and coordinate senior management and director’s diaries for stakeholder meetings
• Administer staff (teaching and non-teaching) coverage / absence / e.t.c
• Administer school’s admissions procedures; by giving advice to parents on admission criteria, collate applications for admission, and monitor criteria being consistently complied to.
• Administer student exit / transfer procedures
• Maintain up-to date student records including emergency contacts, medical forms, and all other relevant documentation
• Liaison on parent communication
• Maintain student and staff databases on appropriate backed-up technology; ensuring up-to-date data is maintained
• Manage school enquiries
• Provide support to learning activities e.g. logistics planning for field trips e.t.c.
• Coordinate school transport and school events, Order stationary and other supplies, while managing stocks inventory
• Manage the compilation and maintenance of the school equipment inventory
• Prepare financial data, statistics and income / banking records, petty cash reconciliations e.t.c. for reporting
• Manage all payables and receivables
• Prepare and schedule invoices to all parents and processing of payments
• Undertake any relevant banking responsibilities as applicable
• Manage recruitment and placement of support staff
• Manage and set objectives and carry out appraisals for support staff
• Liaison with finance for payroll monthly inputs
• Liaison with school management on the delivery of training and development for staff
• Champion, Refresh, monitor, implement the overall school health and safety program and agenda
• Drive customer service standard in all parent interactions
• Co-ordinate weekly/monthly/quarterly routine meetings as applicable, and in liaison with the head teacher / director
Interested candidates should apply by sending their detailed C.V and copies of certificates and testimonials, daytime contacts and three referees