Applications are invited from qualified persons for the above vacant position.
General Motors East Africa (GMEA) is the largest manufacturer of commercial vehicles in the East African region. Our manufacturing plant in Nairobi assembles a wide range of Isuzu trucks and buses. With an assembly line that features more than fifteen Isuzu models, our Plant's output has enabled GMEA stamp its authority in the vehicle ma right across East and Central Africa.
Since 1977, GMEA has produced and sold over 80,000 units being a testimony to its strong heritage brands as well as excellent customer service. Our growing sales in the new vehicle segment has propelled GMEA to market leadership in Kenya five years in a row since 2012, achieving a market share of 35.1% by end of 2016.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ADMINISTRATOR - (REF: IT/HRBP/OO1)
Reporting to the IT Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for e following functions:-
• Planning, designing and monitoring of Servers and Datacentre requirements a r business plan.
• Support and Maintenance. Patching and Administration of servers (both physical and virtual), including hardware, OS, Storage and Microsoft products.
• Maintain Active Directory and implementing required policies.
• Set up, configure, and support internal and external IT infrastructure systems. Manage servers, LAN/WAN, and telecommunications systems.
• Provide technical assistance and support related to computer systems, software and hardware through the IT Help Desk system.
• Liaise with users, hardware and software vendors and internal systems owners to fine tune systems hardware and software for all systems.
• Operations of backup tools and testing of disk and data recovery solutions on all business systems.
• Maintenance of systems documentation and procedures. Monitor, administer and maintain system security.
• Participation in feasibility studies and testing for new IT infrastructure components.
For appointment to this position, the successful candidate must have the following minimum requirements:-
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science /Information Technology.
• Professional qualifications (Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), ITILv3f or equivalents).
• Minimum three years working experience in a busy IT environment.
• Experienced in Windows Computing infrastructure.
• Office 365 (Exchange Online, One Drive for Business, SharePoint Online) and Active
Directory Services, Lync/Skype for Business.
• Working knowledge of Virtualization platforms.
• Good Knowledge in BI, SQL, SAP R4.6 and above, SAGE.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work under pressure meet deadlines.
Please send your application and CV to:
The HR Business Partner, General Motors East Africa Ltd,
P.O. Box 30527 - 00100, NAIROBI
Or Email: email@example.com
Deadline 27th March, 2017
Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Attractive compensation packages will be offered to successful candidates.