The Job Holder is responsible for managing the day to day processes in network planning, designing and optimization
Job title: Infrastructure Planning Manager
Reports to: General Manager – Infrastructure and Build
Division: Network Planning - GIS (infrastructure )
The Job Holder is responsible for managing the day to day processes in network planning, designing and optimization to adequately fit in to the company strategic plan and expansion roadmap with continuous engagement with management and other players in financing and approvals.
Network Planning/ Design
- Provide leadership and oversight to manage the day to day operations of all responsible infrastructure Planning and ensuring delivery of those
- Provides leadership to develop and oversee production activities of infrastructure documentation including: service objectives; operational principles; schematics; guidelines; standards; interoperability and compliance
- Managing the Infrastructure team – while keeping in line with all KPI’s and deliverables to all the departments.
- Prepare GIS data, analysis and high quality mapping products as directed
- Network planning – design and documentation
- Network Implementation
- Network Optimization
- Sales and marketing support on network Design
- FTTP – design and documentation
- Backbone and Metro fiber design, documentation and update.
- As-build Verification and update
- Continuous update of network through connect master
- Validation of BOQ’s and network designs
- Identify all network fiber weak point and provide solution/recommendation to the build and field operation teams.
- Avail Quarterly updates on new routes to commercial team
- Advices/ appraises the senior management on all possible network status and requirement
- Instrumental in capacity planning and network design to ensure that company strategic plan and roadmap is followed in all the network
- Demonstrated ability to achieve purposes of the role using the Map-info, KMZ, and connect master
- Experience with spatial modelling, remote sensing, landscape mapping and data analysis
- Knowledge of GIS concepts such as projection, datum, scale & cartographic principles
- Sound communication and teamwork skills
- Experience with other GIS platforms (desirable
- Ensures that there is coordination during implementation from financing, procurement, deployment and management aligns with what has been planned by the GIS team
- Continuous engagement with Network Implementation team and Projects in project management
- Continuous updates to Senior management in matters relating to network
- Engagement with Legal affairs to ensure that external contractual engagements cover the related aspects of the networks wholly.
- Representation of the company in relevant regulatory bodies and assist in telecommunication policies drafting and implementation
Focus areas of Responsibility - % of time spent
- Ensure 99% network planning projects are implemented as per the planned design and standards within the planned time and budget
- Ensuring quarterly submission of whole network HLD/LLD documentation.
- Ensure that all regulatory requirements are submitted in time
- 100% operational acceptance of all implemented projects
- Submission of Network Planning yearly budget
- Network Implementation and Field Ops Teams to ensure that network standards are adhered to.
- Finance Team: In sourcing of network projects financing
- Procurement Team: In negotiating of best offers from vendors engaged in network projects
- Projects Team: to ensure that network projects are completed in time and within budget
- Sales Team : to ensure that all clients solutions are optimal and deliverable
- Legal Affairs: In drafting technical related external engagement contracts
- Senior Management: In advisory on network trends and investment requirements
- Regulatory and Licensing Bodies: Participating in telecommunication Sector operation policies
- Vendors(Local and International): In negotiating of contracts and engagement modalities
- National Sector Operators: In designing and implementing of seamless connectivity of services
- International Telecommunication Operators In negotiating and implementation of working partnerships.
- Capacity to make technically and commercially sound logical decisions.
- 30% Field and 70% Office
- International travel will be involved
- Possibility of working extended hours during projects and fault managements
- Decision making authority for decision within the department.
- Financial responsibilities involved during vendor selection and project implementation
Academic & Professional Qualifications
- BSc. in surveying/ Geospatial/ Civil engineering/Computer science/Telecommunication
- Degree in Electrical/ Electronic/ Computer Engineering
- Project Management certifications
- At least 5 years’ experience in Telecommunication industry
- Must have managed a team – in Network planning department
- Working knowledge on GIS design
- Microwave planning – added benefit
- Experience in various planning tools including Map-info, KMZ (google), Connect Master, Auto-Card, Global Mapper.
- Result Oriented
- Team player
The performance objectives of this role will be developed in collaboration with your Manager. The Objective will include:
- Meeting agreed productivity & quality targets
- Contributions to teamwork and collaboration
- Personal and professional development
- Maintain client relationships (internal & external)