Plan and execute appropriate activities for the children each day according to the curriculum, schemes of work and lesson plans
- A degree, diploma or certificate in Early Childhood Development (ECD)
- At least 2 years teaching experience (age group 2-6 Yrs) in a fast-paced environment
- Plan and execute appropriate activities for the children each day according to the curriculum, schemes of work and lesson plans
- Monitor and keep record/ reports of the children’s progress and development.
- Assist in bus loading and unloading, Utilize the transport phone & phone list to communicate with parents and the school as needed during transport.
- Observe and evaluate each child’s progress and provide a written report to the head teacher and parents.
- Instruct students individually and in groups, adapting teaching methods to meet students' varying needs and interests
- Provide a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate, and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental, and social development such as games, arts and crafts, music, and storytelling.
- Prepare objectives and outlines for courses of study, following curriculum guidelines or requirements of states and schools.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use and care of equipment and materials, in order to prevent injuries and damage.
- Assimilate arriving children to the school environment by greeting them, helping them remove outerwear, and selecting activities of interest to them.
- Supervise, evaluate, and plan assignments for teacher assistants and volunteers.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior, and policies and procedures to maintain order among students.
- Teach basic skills, personal hygiene, and social skills.
- Prepare materials, classrooms, and other indoor and outdoor spaces to facilitate creative play, learning and motor-skill activities, and safety.
- Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guests, or other experiential activities, and guide students in learning from those activities.
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
Supervised by: Board of Directors, Managing Director, & Head Teacher