DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE, LIVESTOCK, FISHERIES AND COOPERATIVES
10. Assistant Animal Health Officer III (Meat Inspectors) Job Group H (7 POSTS)
Duties and Responsibilities
• Participating in animal health field, extension, demonstrations and agricultural shows;
• Participating in sample collection and dispatch;
• Inspecting livestock stock routes;
• Collecting data and writing technical reports
• Demonstrating and training on milking techniques and external parasite control techniques such as Deeping, spraying and dusting.
• Carrying out vaccination, closed castration, dehorning, ear tagging, branding, deworming, disbudding, docking, debecking and hoof trimming.
• Carrying out simple treatment of animals;
• Participating in disease such and reporting;
• Keeping records on animal breeding, animal health, milk production, Deeping data.
• Maintaining dairy units.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
• Diploma in Animal health, Environmental Health, Animal Health and Production from a recognized institution.
• Be registered by the Kenya Veterinary Board
• Certificate in Computer applications from a recognized Institution (added advantage).
• Training in meat hygiene will be an added advantage
• At least one (1) year experience in a comparable and relevant position
All applicants Must fulfill Chapter six of the constitution requirement
Salary Scale: The salary, allowances and other benefits attached to these positions will be as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission and other recognized CBAs as applicable.
Terms of Service: All the above posts shall be on a three (3) year contract term renewable based on satisfactory performance.
“Vihiga County is an Equal opportunity employer”
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application with copies of their National Identity/passport, Academic & Professional certificates to the undersigned.
Key responsibilities and job specifications for the above positions are available on the official County websites www.vihiga.go.ke.
All application from interested and qualified candidates should be submitted on or before 26th day of October 2020
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SECRETARY/CEO VIHIGA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O BOX 880-50300