Duties and Responsibilities:
This will be the entry and training grade for this cadre. An Officer at this level will work under the guidance of a more experienced Officer.
Duties and responsibilities will entail:-
i) Participating in animal health field demonstrations and agricultural show
ii) Participating in sample collection and dispatch
i) Inspecting livestock stock routes
ii) Collecting data and writing technical reports
iii) Demonstrating and training on milking techniques and external parasite control techniques such as dipping, spraying and dusting
iv) Carrying out vaccination, closed castration, dehorning, ear tagging, branding, deworming, disbudding, docking, debeaking and hoof trimming;
v) Carrying out simple treatment of animals
vi) participating in disease search and reporting
vii) Keeping records on animal breeding, animal health, milk production, dipping data; and maintaining dairy units.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade an Officer must-
i) Have a Diploma in any of the following disciplines.- Animal Health, Animal Health and Production, Environmental Health, Clinical Pathology and Laboratory Diagnosis, Poultry Science, Veterinary Public Health and Meat Technology or Animal Husbandry from a recognized institution;
ii) Be registered by the Kenya Veterinary Board;
iii) Have a certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution;
How to apply:
• Applications should be made online through https://psbkericho.co.ke/vacancies
• Clearance documents for purposes of complying with the provisions of Chapter Six of the Constitution will be required.
• Applicants should submit their online applications attaching copies of National Identity cards/passport, curriculum vitae, testimonials, academic and professional certificates on or before 12th August, 2020.
• Kericho County residents should indicate their respective wards and locations.
• Details of the qualifications and requirements can be obtained from the County website
• Any application/s sent through post or hand delivered will NOT be accepted/ considered.
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
NB: County Government of Kericho is an equal opportunity employer.
Persons with disability and marginalized groups are encouraged to apply. W
Warning: Be aware of Fraudsters.
The County Government of Kericho does not charge any fees for purposes of processing their applications.
Incase of people soliciting for bribes, the same should be reported to the nearest police station.