- Prepare cost effective menus for all meals, and special requests to ensure consistency of quality and to minimize waste.
- Prepare food of the highest standard and service
- Ensure that all special requests from patients have been served accordingly, for optimum customer satisfaction.
- Attend to customer complaints and resolve them in a timely manner
- Ensure adequate supplies of stocks, for effective functioning of the catering unit.
- Ensure sound and safe maintenance of kitchen machines and equipment for preventative maintenance.
- Prepare the kitchen duty roster and ensure that all the duties in the kitchen are covered to satisfaction, to guarantee effective provision of services.
- Inspect foodstuff being supplied are of the highest quality
- Prepare catering monthly budgets and submit it to the supervisor.
- Train new staff in the department
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- “A” / “O” Level Education
- Diploma in Food production
- Experience in food production as a chef
- 2 year supervisory experience in a busy executive restaurant/ kitchen.
- Training in fire fighting, first-aid and life saving drills.
- General good health with a good level of physical fitness
- Good inter-personal skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Problem solving skills
- Customer service skills
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Team player