Company Secretary & Compliance Manager
Summit Recruitment & Search
The successful candidate will provide support and guidance to the company on compliance matters to ensure that their operations/activities conform to the legal requirements.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:1 year
Our client, a well-established planation with operations in Kenya and Tanzania is currently seeking to recruit a Company Secretary & Compliance Manager to be based in their Nairobi office. The Successful candidate will provide support and guidance to the company on compliance matters to ensure that their operations/activities conform to the legal requirements. The ideal candidate Must Have experience in Company Secretarial and Compliance Matter.
• Provide sound, pragmatic and effective advice to the company regarding compliance, contracts and other areas of potential risk, to assist in the design and implementation of procedures to manage legal risk and to ensure the legal affairs are effectively and efficiently managed.
• Ensure that all aspects of risk are identified, covered and controlled in the implementation of new projects, systems, procedures and products.
• Ensure that changes and developments in legislation, regulations, guidelines and practices affecting operations are analysed, evaluated and any required appropriate action taken to ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements.
• Draft, review and advise on legal agreements, contracts, leases to ensure compliance and to safeguard the interest of the Company.
• Ensure that loan agreements, security documents, and other agreements are properly negotiated, documented, and, where applicable, registered.
• Monitor all litigation matters through constant follow ups and coordination with the external lawyers to ensure the interests of the Company are protected.
• Provide high quality, professional guidance to the Company on corporate governance in relation to the provisions of the Companies Act, Corporate Governance regulatory and statutory provisions, and other related legislation to ensure the Company maintains high standards of Corporate Governance
• Provide sound and effective company secretarial services to the Company through maintenance of statutory registers and other company records, Annual filings, event driven filings to ensure compliance with the provisions of the Company’s Act
• Organize the Company Board Meetings through issuance of relevant Notices, preparation of agendas, board papers, sharing the Board papers with all directors taking minutes to ensure the Board’s deliberations are well documented, communicated and implemented.
• Organize training and development programs for the company to ensure staff and directors understand and effectively discharge their duties and responsibilities for the success of the company
• Act as the legal custodian of the Company Seal and key legal documents
• Oversee company insurance policies.
• Assist in other corporate and operational matters as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LLB) from a recognized university
• Certified Public Secretary CPS(K)
• An Advocate of the High Court of Kenya, member of the Law Society of Kenya with a valid practicing certificate
• Ability to work under minimal supervision.
• Ability to develop and manage internal and external relationships.
• Ability to cope with prominent level of responsibility and with confidential matters.
Monthly Gross salary: Competitive Package Depending on experience and qualifications.
Deadline: 4th April 2023
Position Level: Management
To apply, please follow the link: http://bit.ly/3YfJBIL
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured