Corporation Secretary and Director Legal Services
Must be been an advocate with at least fifteen (15) years’ work experience five (5) of which should be in Senior management.
- Minimum Qualification:Masters
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:15 years
Reporting functionally to the Board of Management and administratively to the Chief Executive Officer, the successful candidate will head the legal department and is responsible for the legal affairs of the entire corporation including provision of legal counsel to the board of directors, chief executive officer and other senior management. The candidate must possess strong initiative, excellent management and leadership skills and strong business acumen.
- Provide guidance on the proper application and interpretation of laws and regulations and ensure adequacy of controls to mitigate legal and other risks that may arise.
- Establish and maintain effective legal processes, systems and standardized documentation.
- Lead the provision of legal advice to the Board, management and staff, proffering solutions to legal problems, constraints, risks, options, consequences and approaches;
- Ensure compliance with laws, rules and regulations by the Board and Management;
- Vet and draft legal documents including contracts and leases;
- Liaise with other government agencies and on legal matters affecting National Health Insurance Fund;
- Render professional legal advice for any legal action to be initiated and/ or defending the interests of National Health Insurance Fund;
- Monitor legal developments and trends in policies, bills, and serve as source of legal information.
- Review and provide of feedback on legal aspects of all Committees of the Board
- Ensure the Board and Management’s compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Preparing legal opinions, advisories and briefs on litigation matters where necessary.
- Organize and establish day-to-day management of legal staff.
- Provide performance guidance and coaching of the legal staff.
- Prepare and timely circulate Board minutes and Committee papers.
- Ability to communicate and function in a change-oriented setting with good knowledge of Public Sector management.
- Ability to interact with senior officials of other state agencies, corporate and government and to present legal advice on various management issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Strong skills in drafting a variety of legal documents and communicating complex issues clearly and concisely.
- Ability to review under strict deadlines long and complex transactions.
- Negotiating skills and capacity to work with other non-legal professionals to develop innovative solutions to conflicting interests and positions;
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
- Must be been an advocate with at least fifteen (15) years’ work experience five (5) of which should be in Senior management.
- Bachelors degree in law from a recognized institution;
- Masters Degree in Law or equivalent Degree from any other relevant field;
- Membership to ICPSK in good standing;
- Certified Public Secretary (CPSK) or its equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
- Postgraduate Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law;
- Admitted as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Holds a valid practicing certificate.
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya;
- Leadership and Management course lasting not less than Four (4) weeks from arecognized institution;
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the constitution;
- Demonstrated competence in work performance
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured