The Machakos Public Service Board wishes to recruit a competent and qualified person to fill the following positions. This is pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and Section 59, 63 of the County Governments Act, 2012
2. Deputy Director HRM and Development (Training and Development) ONE POST (1) REF: MCPSB/PSQM/1/2020
(a)Duties and Responsibilities
• Overall administration of the Unit
• Coordinate the preparation and implement HR Training Policies and programmers
• Coordinate the departmental process of carrying out Training Needs Assessment
• Coordinate and consult with the National Government and other
• Agencies on matters relating to HR training and development
• Spearheading resource mobilization from Donor Agencies for Capacity Building programmes
• Coordinating the Planning and Budgeting process for the Unit
• Preparation forecasts of skills requirements for the public service;
• Maintaining up-to-date human resource development statistics
• Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
(b)Requirements for Appointment
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource Management, Public/Business Administration or equivalent, with Must have at least five (8) years relevant experience in Senior Management in a large reputable organization.
• Served in the grade of Assistant Director Training and Development, for a minimum period of three (6) years.
• Must have undergone a Senior Management Course.
• Must be a member of a relevant Professional body/Association.
• Attended a management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution. Demonstrated high degree of administrative managerial and leadership capabilities; and
• Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance.
Terms of Service: (3) year Contract
Job Group: Q
Salary: As prescribed by the Salaries & Remuneration Commission (SRC)
MANDATORY INTEGRITY CLEARANCE
• Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
• Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
• Clearance from Criminal Investigation Department (CID) of National Police
• Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
• Clearance from former employer where applicable.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested and Qualified persons are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the Machakos County Website : http://machakosgovernment.co.ke/jobs , Job Portal : http://220.127.116.11:8069/jobs or Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
so as to reach the undersigned on or before 3rd November 2020 at 23:59 (East African Time).
Applicants must attach scanned copies of academic certificates, professional certificates & National Identification card.
Email applicants must fill the official job application form accessible from Machakos County website then scan and send together with scanned copies of academic certificates, professional certificates, National Identification card and integrity clearance documents.
It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
The Shortlisted Candidates will be required to:
1. Produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews. It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
Machakos County Government is an equal opportunity employer; Women, Persons with Disabilities and other disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply.
MACHAKOS COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD,
P.O. BOX 603- 90100 MACHAKOS