Requirements for Appointment
12. Deputy Registrar (Administration) –Grade XIV
Requirements for Appointment
Applicants shall be a certified Human Resource Professional with a Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management with twelve (12) years working experience three (3) of which as Senior Assistant Registrar Grade XIII or its equivalent. In addition, the applicant must be registered with relevant professional body and be ICT Competent.
● Prepare reports to the University management board for timely decision making
● Formulate and ensure implementation of staff policies to achieve quality on service delivery
● Assist in the coordination of the functions of the heads of administrative sections in the department for efficient service delivery
● Assist in drafting department’s budget for consideration and assist in administering the division’s approved budget
● Coordinate staff performance appraisals in the administration division
● Supervise and directs HR staff working in the respective divisions.
● Oversee consultants and outsourced consultants providing HR services in the University.
● Directs the preparation of periodic reports for management as necessary or as requested to achieve strategic goals
● Develops and guides the implementation of policies, procedures and guidelines necessary to enable the employees achieve University’s strategic goals
● Ensures accurate and confidential utilization of University HRIS for proper record keeping and management of employee data.
● Develops and identifies employee training needs through periodic Training Needs Assessment exercise
● Ensures a training system that addresses the training needs
● Develops reports on the Training Needs Assessments, employee orientation/onboarding, management development, productivity levels, Return on investment and transfer of knowledge.
● Assist HR with selection/recruitment of external/internal training experts.
● Develops programmes to communicate HR policies, procedures and laws to all University employees.
● Conduct investigations on employee grievances
● Implementation of the established wage/salary, pay policies of the University as per the University guidelines and SRC guidelines.
● Carry out research to establish the existing salary structure in the industry through salary surveys
● Monitors organizations culture to ensure it supports the achievement of goals and promotes employee job satisfaction.
● Participates in employee general welfare matters including negotiations and disciplinary matters
● Assumes other responsibilities as may be assigned by the appointing authority
i) Each application shall be accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, national identity card or passport, testimonials and any other relevant supporting documents. Applicants should also provide names, telephone numbers and contact addresses of three (3) referees.
ii) Applicants must also submit, on application, CURRENT AND VALID CLEARANCE from the following:
a) Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax compliance certificate).
b) Higher Education Loans Board (HELB loan clearance certificate).
c) Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
d) Directorate of Criminal Investigation (Certificate of Good Conduct).
e) Clearance certificates from registered and recognized Credit Reference Bureau.
iii) All applications shall clearly specify the position applied for by indicating the advert Reference Number on the envelope and submit in ten (10) hard copies to the address below. A soft copy of the cover letter and Curriculum Vitae should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should be received on or before Thursday, 13th May 2021
The Vice Chancellor
Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology
P.O. Box 190-50100
MMUST IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
MMUST does not levy any fee in the processing, recruitment & selection of applicants.
The University reserves the right not to make any appointments at any stage of the recruitment exercise.