Ethical Compliance Investigator at Medair
Accounting, Auditing & Finance
Bachelor’s degree required in business, finance, accounting, law, international relations, criminal justice, or related field.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:5 years
Key Activity Areas
- Plan, conduct, and manage reviews, preliminary assessments and/or investigations of alleged misconduct, mismanagement, fraud, corruption, sexual misconduct (sexual abuse and exploitation as well as sexual harassment), harassment/abuse of authority, waste of resources or violation of Medair’s policies and procedures, with objectivity, impartiality and fairness throughout the investigative process and in accordance with generally recognized international investigative standards and Medair Investigation guidelines ·
- Gather, seize and analyse all relevant evidence (documentary, physical, electronic, etc.), documenting the process in accordance with global chain of custody and other requirements. Organize complex and voluminous records and documents. ·
- Conduct interviews of staff and other involved parties using interpreters as required, in accordance with accepted best practices (ensuring reliable information and according to due process), record interviews, obtain and analyse potential documentary and electronic evidence, and conduct investigative research.
- Prepare draft investigation reports, including ad hoc briefs, and present investigative findings in a clear written form.
- Draft recommendations for corrective action and improved controls and effectiveness or efficiency of Medair operations.
- Work with safeguarding focal points or other local staff assigned to support safeguarding investigations.
- Deliver investigation training, remotely and in person, to Country Program staff supporting safeguarding investigations. · Participate in developing and revising compliance-related best practices and lessons learned from investigative work.
- Engage regularly with Country Program staff and country program management, including Country Directors, and other key collaborators, and demonstrate that support is provided to local investigation teams.
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders, both internally (other departments, safeguarding committee) and externally (donors, other NGOs, etc)
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Tracking ongoing investigations of cases of non-compliance with Medair’s safeguarding and ethical compliance policies
- Monitor the conduct and outcome of investigations to ensure accurate reporting of cases within Medair.
- Evaluate the conduct and outcome of investigations to enable the organisation to continuously improve its policies, procedures, and practices.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work, live, and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree required in business, finance, accounting, law, international relations, criminal justice, or related field.
- Certifications such as certified fraud examiner (CFE) is highly preferred.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in professional investigatory work, fraud, collusion, corruption, vendor and supplier collusion, safeguarding and other types of investigations in challenging environments, and preferably in locations where Medair operates.
- Audit or compliance experience will be considered if it includes safeguarding investigations experience.
- Experience with exposure to highly sensitive information, and ability to maintain confidentiality, including legal and financial information.
- Ability to travel to insecure environments required.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured