Role: Physical Education (PE) Teacher
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Direct Supervisor: School Principal
Contract: Full Time, Temporary, Renewable
Still I Rise is an international NGO with a mission to provide quality education to refugee and underprivileged youth. We established Still I Rise to respond to a precise need: provide education and a safe social environment to children around the world. We are now launching the first Still I Rise International school for refugees in Nairobi. We will follow an international curriculum and the Still I Rise educational model based on three pillars: education, personal development and safe space.
The PE teacher goal is to develop motor skills and physical development among younger children and proper exercise and eating habits among older children.
This position involves working both independently and with a teaching team.
The PE Teacher will be an inspiring, proactive, and energetic person with strong mentoring abilities. Someone curious, ambitious and eager to explore new and challenging techniques.
- Lesson Planning: Plan, deliver and facilitate dynamic, active, and creative Physical Education lessons for diverse classes of students aged 10-17.
- Organize games and challenges that promote physical activity among children and young adults
- Progress Monitoring: Review and monitor the progress of all students and identify their individual learning needs in collaboration with the School Principal. Differentiate instruction to meet the learning needs of the students.
- Reporting and Admin: Managing all admin tasks such as attendance and assessment reporting to the School Principal.
Curriculum Design: All teachers are expected to design a PE curriculum that is age-appropriate, challenging, and also engaging, following specific given guidelines, but integrating to them new and ambitious teaching and educational techniques. Will be also required to adjust their curricula to adapt to children with disabilities or different physical abilities in order to create a positive experience for all students.
Behavioural Management: Managing students with differing life experiences and adverse childhood experiences in collaboration with the School Principal and the Child Protection Officer.
Teacher Development: Attend training and professional development meetings.
Native or proficient knowledge of the English language written and oral;
Academic or Professional Certificates;
Completion of CRB/Background check;
Accademic Certificates in the related field or equivalent training and experience;
- Completion of CRB/background check;
- Understanding of students' disabilities and adaptive PE techniques where applicable
- At least two years of teaching experience
Excellent interpersonal, communication, and teaching skills;
Ability to mentor students on a daily basis;
Commitment and willingness to work in a challenging and changing environment;
Curiosity, ambition, willingness to create and experiment new teaching techniques;
Determined team player.
Experience teaching children and teenagers;
Experience working with refugee populations;
Experience working with vulnerable people.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates are invited to submit their application including their CV, cover letter via Apply Now Button and specifying the subject PHYSICAL EDUCATION TEACHER"
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.