JOB DESCRIPTION AND APPOINTMENT SPECIFICATION
20. CHIEF HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT OFFICER II J/G ‘M’ -1(POST)-V/NO.24/2021
Requirements for Appointment
• Served as a Human Resource Management Officer I or in a comparable and relevant position in the public service for a minimum period of three(3) years
• A Bachelor’s degree in any of the social sciences fields Government,Sociology,Economics,Public/Business Administration, Human Resource Mnagement,Personnel Management and Part II of CPS or Diploma in Human Resource Management or Industrial Relations from a recognized university/ institution;
• Proficiency in computer application
• Must be a member of institute of Human Resource management Institute.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Planning, controlling and coordinating human resource management activities of recruitment,appointment,employee relations,discipline,staff welfare
• Supervising, training and development of officers within two or three sections in a human resource section in the department
• Assisting in collecting, collating and analyzing human resource management data in the Department
• Analyzing human resource management issues emanating from department and initiating appropriate action
• Implementation, Monitoring and assessing the effectiveness of existing human resource management policies and regulations guidelines and procedures
Terms: Permanent and pensionable
I. Only shortlisted and successful applicants will be contacted.
II. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
III. The County Government of Busia is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution - Article 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenya’s diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
IV. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
V. It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
All applicants are expected to attach copies of the following additional documents
(i) Copy of Identity (ID) Card
(ii) Copies of Academic and Professional Certificates
(iii) Copies of Registration Certificate from the relevant professional bodies(where applicable)
(iv) Copies of Practicing License from the relevant Regulatory Body (where applicable)
(v) Computer Packages Certificate
(vi) Mandatory Additional requirements (Chapter VI documents of the constitution of Kenya 2010)
a) VALID Clearance Certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI)
b) VALID Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Clearance Certificate
c) VALID Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) Clearance Certificate
d) Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) Self-Declaration Form
e) Credit Reference Bureau(CRB)
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications attaching copies of their certificates and testimonials and send to the undersigned on or before 17th May, 2021 latest 5.00 pm (East African Time)
County Public Service Board
County Government of Busia