A formal DOSH certification is required. The certification process requires a minimum level of vocational study; currently accepted qualifications are the Diploma of Work Health and Safety and Advanced Diploma of Work Health and Safety. Training course in fire and Safety, First Aid training is an advantage.
The company is seeking to interview candidates who have a high integrity, hands on approach, are highly self-motivated and result oriented, have strong people management skills with good communication and report writing skills. For the above mentioned technical positions, only those who have the relevant experience in a reputed sugar company will be considered.
• Carry out risk assessments and consider how risks could be reduced.
• Outline safe operational procedures which identify and take into account all relevant hazards.
• Carry out regular site inspections to check whether policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
• Ensure that working practices are safe and comply with legislation.
• Manage project safety program and advise project management personnel regarding safety protocols and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance.
• Ensure all provisions of Site Specific Safety Manual are complied with and all reporting, investigations and training requirements are carried out in a timely manner.
• Conduct routine and follow-up safety and quality inspections of project sites to identify unsafe conditions and work practices, documenting inspections through work site audits.
• keep records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements
• Lead in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks.
• Record incidents and accidents and produce statistics for managers.
• Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the Company’s industry.
• Ensure networking equipment is installed safely.
• Advise on a range of specialist areas, fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
• Respond to emergency situations, investigate injuries / illnesses to determine cause and help identify action(s) to prevent recurrence, participate in incident investigations.
• Induction of new employees on OHS and quality requirements.
• Verifying quality of work achieved by casuals / employees to ensure that it is up to the required standards
• Conducting regular inspections at site to ensure that employees have proper PPE’s and tools.
• Conducting random vehicles’ inspection.
• Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
All interested individuals should send their testimonials via Apply Now Button.